We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The most extreme holiday for 8 days?

9 posts
Save Topic
The most extreme holiday for 8 days?

Hi.

I am planning way ahead here, but I can take only a vacation in October 2015 for 8 days.

I love doing extreme things. Something that I will remeber forever, andreludane rush adventure.

My budget would be 3000-3500 dolllars excluding flights.

The only thing I can think of for 8 days and this budget is treckinf in the rain forests of Rwanada in search of mountain gorillas and soing a safari there as well. Bit it will ne trickey because I have specific dates in mind. Not sure if I can nail a tour exactly for those days.

Any advice, tips, reccomandations? Would be awesome to hear from u all!

Cheers!

-Pini

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,569 posts
6,438 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The most extreme holiday for 8 days?

Hello Pini,

Welcome to the Holiday Travel forum.

Not sure where you are posting from. You might want to update your account to show a location. This will greatly assist posters making comments, suggestions and recommendations for you.

If you are coming from the States, an 8 day trip to east Africa isn't much. Factor in that you will probably around up to 3 full days in transportation in/out of Rwanda or Uganda where you can find try the gorilla treks and you will quickly discover that you don't have time to include a safari experience as part of your holiday.

In short, I would do everything possible to milk a full 12-14 days for this type of trip. You are in some of the best safari area in the world. Autumn time is very good for the Masai Mara for the Great Migration. With this in mind, I would suggest researching a combined trip of Uganda - Bwindi National Park for gorilla trekking coupled with 3-5 day safari in Masai Mara NP. You can visit a couple other great safari destinations in Kenya as well and Nairobi is a major international airport and gateway to East Africa.

If you want to research these locations specifically, there are destination forums for each with local experts (some from the travel industry, others being regular visitors) who can offer you specifics and perhaps help with a bit of your planning needs.

If you want to see other very good safari options, have a look of this list (see link).

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i38101-Top_Safa…

Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy planning your extreme holiday for 2015.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,008 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The most extreme holiday for 8 days?

Hello,

In addition to the great advice from BradJill, you may find that the net contains a plethora of ideas, and it's a popular 'niche' market. An example of a recent article here;

heraldsun.com.au/travel/holiday-ideas/top-10…

3. Re: The most extreme holiday for 8 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions