We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in HK for 4 hours..

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Layover in HK for 4 hours..

Hi!

A friend and I are having a 4-hour layover in HK, we will be arriving at 6am . I just wonder if there will be a chance we could see "Hong Kong" before we leave the airport?

Please advise! Thanks in advance!👣

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,328 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Layover in HK for 4 hours..

Hello,

It just so happens that the DE for Holiday Travel, is a distinguished resident and expert on HK.

I'm sure BradJill can provide the detailed necessities, but in my mind four hours is not sufficient to be going out into the city. In addition, depending on the on time arrival of your inbound, it actually may not exactly be four hours.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
30,088 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Layover in HK for 4 hours..

yanEi18.............I agree with KVE's comments in the previous post............you need to factor in customs/security check and getting to from the airport.....the 4 hours may be significantly less than you think....

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
28,801 posts
6,571 reviews
3. Re: Layover in HK for 4 hours..

Hello yanEi18

Welcome to the Holiday Travel forum.

If you visit the Hong Kong forum, there is a helpful Top Question [Layovers - Can I see the city?] - See link to the forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294217-i1496-Hong…

I can go ahead and let you know that the time of day you are stopping over in HK is not great. We are late waking city so there is very little to see/do prior to 9.30-10am. Even major theme parks and attractions do not open earlier than this. As such, the best case would be for you to get enjoy a bit of dim sum and then have to race back to the airport.

All things considered, I would simply suggest hanging out at HKG, enjoy the free and fast wifi, comfy seats and try some dim sum at the airport restaurants if you like.

Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy your travels.

4. Re: Layover in HK for 4 hours..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 09:46