We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe Trip

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Europe Trip

Hi all,

We land in Paris on the 14th of June and fly out from Frankfurt on the 28th of June.

In those two weeks, where would you suggest we head to?

I was thinking of a stop in Barcelona or Rome in between but would appreciate your advise on where to go and how many days to spend at each place. Not looking to spend much time in Frankfurt, just an overnight to catch the flight back would suffice.

Two of us just looking for a fun two week break. More on city fun, sightseeing, touristy stuff.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe Trip

You could do all 3 cities of interest in 2 weeks.....Paris, then Barcelona, then Rome and make your way to Frankfurt for the flight home.....the length of stay in each location is entirely dependent on what YOU want to see/do in each location.......On my first trip to Paris, I spent 8 days there and only scratched the surface...when I went to London, I spent 2 weeks in the city, even though I had planned to do trips to the outskirts, I just couldn't tear myself away from London, and need to return so I can see more.....and I've done the same for other cities I've visited as well, but my travel style is a more in-depth approach, cause that's just me...many do not travel that way, so that's why I suggest you research the locations and find out what you're interested in first.....then create a loose itinerary that can be fine tuned as necessary........the rail service is good in Europe, and flights can be inexpensive too...I suggest you look to the individual Destination Forums for suggestions within the cities themselves, and I'm linking to a very good train travel website here, so that you can see how to get from Point A to B............have fun on your holiday :).......

http://www.seat61.com

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,462 posts
6,376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Europe Trip

Hello scouserr

Welcome to the Holiday travel forum.

Congrats on taking a 2 week trip to Europe, which has it all. Unfortunately, not knowing you and your interests, its difficult to make suggestions regarding where in Europe you should consider visiting during your time.

For starters, Paris is well worth a week if not more and then your choices are limitless. Barca and Rome are nice cities to visit but are not convenient to visit and you'll be crisscrossing your way around the continent in order to see these two particular choices before making your way to Frankfurt.

I think I would choose destinations closer to Paris or Frankfurt so as to reduce travel time during my trip. London, Brussels/Brugge and Amsterdam come to mind since you like city visits. There are great smaller city and rural destinations you might want to visit as well. Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy your trip to Europe.

3. Re: Europe Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 09:46