We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel insurance

I need to purchase travel insurance for my trip to italy. I'm a permanent resident In Australia so

The options im tossing up between are travel insurance direct and world nomads .. Advice anyone??

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,522 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel insurance

Hi SophiaIsabella,

Welcome to the Holiday Travel forum.

Whilst I haven't personally used Travel Insurance Direct, it does rate highly in the three star category of the Canstar Awards - which is the industry rating body of all financial products in Australia. Canstar recognition is one of the highest honour for any financial institution, so it stands that they are reputable to be rated by them.

canstar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/tr…

Goodluck with your insurance search, and congrats for being well prepared for your travel.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,193 posts
2,206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel insurance

Depending on your bank you may qualify for free travel insurance if you used your credit card to book your holiday.

Im with NAB and if I spend over $500 I get free Travel Insurance.

Tommo

3. Re: Travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 22:05
4. Re: Travel insurance

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 July 2013, 10:05
atlanta
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel insurance

My only suggestion would be to not purchased from Travel Insured International. Our travel agent advised against them and suggested Travel Guard as a much better choice. How we wish we had followed her advice!

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel insurance

I have travel insurance through my Master Card. Have you ever needed to use your NAB insurance. If so, how was it?

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel insurance

I would be really careful about using free travel insurance through your bank or credit cards, my Mother in Law had a really bad experience when she tried to claim. I use travel insurance from Holidaysafe.co.uk, I've never had to claim but they are always nice on the phone and the price is good.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel insurance

We get free travel insurance through our bank credit card too, although we use ANZ. We have claimed twice over the years, no fuss or problems. I think they use QBE as their insurance company.

Blairsville, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel insurance

We recently purchased Travel guard insurance for a trip to Venice including a cruise. On the phone we were assured that we were covered for trip cancellation 100%. I was told the policy was 8 pages long and I needed only to print the first 2 pages which was a summary of the policy and bring with us. The morning of our cruise we checked out of our hotel but left our luggage at the hotel while we went into Venice for a few hours before boarding the ship. At the bus stop my husband was pick pocketed and our passports and cash was gone. No passports no cruise. After lengthy phone calls to Travel Guard we were informed that they don't cover theft of passports.

Their policies listed online indicate they do cover passport theft however when buying a policy be aware that you might not get what you think you are. In Italy you need good coverage.

10. Re: Travel insurance

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2015, 09:45