We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to take an 18 year old girl on holiday?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
where to take an 18 year old girl on holiday?

Hi my daughter is 18 years old and her father and I recently broke up. She's really down that she can't go away with her friends as her friends can't afford it or have boyfriends and don't want to and she knows lots of people in her year are going away together. I was thinking it might be nice for her and I to go away together but I was hoping there might be somewhere where she can meet people of her own age and get a bit of independence. Lots of places offer things for below 18s but not 18 so I was wondering if anyone had an idea so she didn't feel lonely. She also is an almost recovered anorexic so anything that's not too food based would be best. Thank you!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to take an 18 year old girl on holiday?

Great idea but...

Have you short listed countries please? Budget? Time of year? Weather preferences?

Please give us a bit more to go on so we can offer focussed advice

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,012 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to take an 18 year old girl on holiday?

Tough one zoemccarthy. It's not quite what you asked for but would somewhere special give her bragging rights among her friends?

Somewhere like Venice with the beautiful masks, a gondola ride, a tour of the islands. Shame it's too late for carnival. There are some magnificent fiestas in Spain.

Rather than trying to set her up with strangers which could backfire something special to do with a love of hers like art or dance or sport. Difficult without knowing her interests.

Also it will depend on your budget. If you have just split up with her father will the finances make a difference at this point in time? A short stay in a facinating hotel for instance.

3. Re: where to take an 18 year old girl on holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2018, 10:48
Get answers to your questions