We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Cancellation

Hotel Cancellation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2016, 01:00
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,957 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Cancellation

Unfortunately the research should have been done before the booking. I see that this is your 1st post so I guess you were not familiar with this site. The best you can do is contact Expedia, you have nothing to lose in doing so.

Good luck

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
30,088 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Cancellation

Usually when you book something thats " non refundable" you are given a preferred rate/ better price, but with the knowledge up front that there are " No Refunds" should you change your mind for some reason... l agree with bonjour though, contact Expedia directly and ask them what you can do...

We're just other travellers on the TA forums giving our opinions here, really cant tell you what Expedia will do/say

Good luck !

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,859 posts
476 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Cancellation

I agree as well. You have nothing to lose by asking, bu I wouldn't have high hopes.

Next time, make sure you do the research and are happy with the place before making any commitment. Especially if you are going to be booking non refundable rates.

4. Re: Hotel Cancellation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2017, 10:47