We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venere.com

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Venere.com

Would like to let anyone know that having booked a long weekend that included 3 nights hotel accommodation through Venere I was offered the same hotel on the same dates with my Easy jet confirmation for 240 euros cheaper Thinking that this was unreasonable I contacted Venere's customer service email address on 2 occasions and recieved no reply. Contacted them by telephone this morning to be told that this was nothing to do with them and I should contact the hotel. Expensive lesson but urge anybody that assumes all booking agents are similar that obviously they are not.

Billericay Brian

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,802 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venere.com

I don't understand your complaint??

It sounds like you booked something and then found it offered at a lower price somewhere else. Soo???

Doesn't this happen often with all sorts of things that you buy?

There is no rule that says that every site offers things at the same price.

Perhaps Easy Jet made a special deal with the hotel ?

That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with Venere.

It just means that sometimes find the lowest price and sometimes you don't.

Good luck with your next holiday.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venere.com

My complaint is that using Venere.com for my booking and obviously paying 240 euros for 3nights accommodation more than what was being offered elsewhere I felt I was entitled to at least some explanation as to why that should be. The fact that they ignored my emails and was quite indifferent with their attitude on the telephone informs me that perhaps they are not a company to use in the future. I of course realize that there are many offers on the market but would have liked at least some understanding or maybe an apology from Venere but to be ignored when you have maybe a justifiable complaint is unacceptable

Billericaybrian

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,433 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venere.com

I don't understand your complaint. Lots of products are priced differently depending on where you buy them. Companies should charge whatever they feel customers are prepared to pay, they are not obliged to offer the lowest possible price nor obliged to justify their prices.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venere.com

The explanation is probably that Easyjet negotiated a good rate or the hotel had a special offer for those dates. Why should they explain anything to you?

You had the option of booking with whoever you wanted. I always shop around and compare prices before I book a hotel. In fact, I used venere.com for a hotel in Rome at the beginning of July. It was cheaper with venere.com than booking direct with the hotel.

Venere.com also have a good cancellation policy on most of their hotels. We could cancel FOC up to 48 hours before our date of travel.

Sorry, you have no cause for complaint.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venere.com

I had also a bad experience with Venere.com.

I first reserved online 3 nights for a hotel in Milan. Then I wanted to change it for two nights and their employees told me by phone that this was NOT possible. That I had to cancel my first reservation and reserve it again. (?)

I did that but the reservation confirmation never came after waiting 24 hours. The reason? They wrote the wrong email address not only once or two but THREE times!!!! I had to insist, after several calls, to let me know which address they have written. Until then I discovered they wrote the email wrong and never repeated it for me to verify. They wanted me to always repeat the address. No dots were it should be and confused a B for a W when talking in German. Very bad service. I had to call the hotel to provide me with a confirmation number. Until now, I have not received an official confirmation from Venere.com. I swear I will never use Venere.com anymore!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,137 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venere.com

You failed to mention how the booking and the actual hotel went.

Although it was difficult, potential language issue with a customer service staff doesn't exactly reflect on the whole company. And as you found out, it could have been resolved with one call to the hotel

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venere.com

There's always the possibility venere also booked you a nicer, thus more expensive, room.

8. Re: Venere.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 09:48