We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be carefull with Travel Republic

Vigo, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Be carefull with Travel Republic

They are horrible. I´ve just arrived from Austria and I had a bad experience with Travel Republic. I´m sorry not to have read all the bad comments about TR before booking. They offer good prices but then nothing is as they show and as you expect to be. Besides that, they have sent me an e-mail asking for my opinion about the hotel. Curiously, they had like 6 great comments about the hotel I booked rated between 8.9 and 10 and nothing bad, something incredible after having stayed in one of the worse hotels of my life. I wrote my comment, I rated the hotel with 3 points, being very mild in my opinion, and TR just didn´t publish the comment. They are cheaters!!!! NEVER AGAIN.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,817 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Be carefull with Travel Republic

No need to post the same thing three times.

Reviews are most likely moderated so it may take a while to show up. Since you jsut arrived home I'm not surprised if it hasn't posted yet. If it's not there in a couple of months or so you have reason to complain though I fail to see what TR is to gain from withholding negative reviews.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,638 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Be carefull with Travel Republic

So, no explanation about the "bad experience" with them, just about the fact they didn't post a review? Hmmm. I'd like to hear specifically why they are "cheaters"?

Vigo, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Be carefull with Travel Republic

Dear Lexexpress and bk_t1,

I usually travel at least about 8-10 times per year since the last 10 years for long and short distance, both leisure and work trips. During this time I have booked hotels, flights and excursions always through the Internet and I have dealed with diferent agencies and problems so I´m quite familiarized with this.

This comment has been posted 3 times because unfortunately I had not seen the most appropriate place to do it at the begining. I finally saw the option for a new comment. Fortunatelly I had always made ​​comments about hotels after the usual request on my arrival home and never on an agency itself because so far I've never felt cheated by anyone as TR so I wasn´t sure where to do it properly.

My English was probably not accurate in the verb "I've Just Arrived", because I really arrived from Austria 10 days ago and my comment was sent the day after.

It never happened to me a review took so long to be published. If TR needs two months to publish it (which I'm sure will never do) then it is obviously not an agency that satisfies me as a customer. It is very strange and suspicious that an agency publishes 6 comments on a hotel like the one that I have stayed rated excelent from 9 to 10.

I do not blame the hotel itself for its quality. There are hotels for all tastes, budgets and interests, but as a customer I consider TR is responsible for false advertising because it is TR who has sold me a product that falls very short on what it offers and they just didn´t care about my complain.

This time, I had initially booked through Condor Reisen as I usually do, which is an incredibly serious and efficient agency, but the reason I ended up making a reservation with TR is because I had not read carefully a German comment asking to confirm my reservatorion before a certain date and I found myself without hotel in Vienna two days before leaving. I finally chose this option with TR without checking it too much and I regret it because the hotel ruinned a beautiful week in Vienna.

When I asked to be upgraded to a better room at the reception I was told they were sorry but I got what I paid and after contact TR they told me the same thing.

It is very weird and not clear TR has just 6 wonderful comments on this hotel after I saw now may other websites that have all types of comments about it. Besides my bad comment has not been published and they just dind´t do anything about a customer complain that had to spend his money on the phone from abroad besides suffering a hotel like this during one week.

I wonder.....Are needed more reasons to feel cheated?

4. Re: Be carefull with Travel Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2012, 20:30
Vigo, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Be carefull with Travel Republic

Dear Sophie_TR,

I really appreciate my comment was finally published today in TR web probably thanks to your intervention.

However, about my reservation and the hotel itself, I think it would be much more satisfying to any customer who contacts an agency for any problem that the agency tries to resolve the problem at that time and not apologizing after having ruined a vacation because of a hotel.

I have found that TR offers very competitive prices compared to other agencies, however, by paying less it does not mean that one should receive less than what it is shown.

I do not know and I wonder if lower prices are due to a TR agreement with some hotels to sell rooms not renovated, worse located or with any special features for which the hotel can not offer them at the usual price of their other rooms.

Either way, as a customer, it is a fact that I would like to know when I make a reservation and then decide whether to accept it or not, and not be fooled by photographs and comments of the best updated rooms that have nothing to do with the reality of the room finally given, which according to you and the hotel, it is what I paid for.

Above all, I think after a customer complaint no one should say "that´s the type of room you have paid sir", in other words you got what you paid for.

However, I appreciate your attention now.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,817 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Be carefull with Travel Republic

"I really appreciate my comment was finally published today in TR web probably thanks to your intervention."

Did you email your details? Otherwise there's no way TR could have known which review was yours.

7. Re: Be carefull with Travel Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 10:45