We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expat explore (hotels)

Johannesburg, South...
6 posts
Save Topic
expat explore (hotels)

Hi everyone

I will be doing my 1st expat explore comfort tour in August, can someone please give the name of the Hotels that expat use

I would like to google them and have a look.

Thank you

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: expat explore (hotels)

Why don't you contact the tour company and ask them for the names of the hotels?

ktown

Johannesburg, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: expat explore (hotels)

Apparently they can only give out the list of hotels, on the 1st day of the tour, that is what they said when i asked.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: expat explore (hotels)

Hmmm. I guess you can just search like you have, and also for reviews of their tours. Other than that, go on faith.

Be sure to find somewhere to write a review when you get back for others in the future. :)

ktown

j P
London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: expat explore (hotels)

We went on this trip in March. The Sight seeing was good the tour guide was good but that was about it.

If you are vegetarian the food was terrible and to think they charge extra £99 for food. We had 2 accidents and some of us passenger had our Bags stolen from the coach in Rome while we were on a walking tour, for which the travel insurance does not cover as it was left on the coach and Expat are NOT willing to compensate. I think out of the 12 days we had just a couple of good rooms. Wish i had chosen another company.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,009 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: expat explore (hotels)

If a tour company can't share the name of typical or specific properties they use, that would be a red flag for me to not use them. I want transparency and want to know where my money goes, so I'm far more likely to book direct with a hotel that suits my needs, and skip the middle guy.

Johannesburg, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: expat explore (hotels)

Thank you all for the feedback, this is just they type of feedback i needed

I did manage to get from my travel agent a list of the Hotels they use, on google they all seem okay (but then again Google makes everything look good)

I will defn post some pics and do a review when get back

Regards

Nesh

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: expat explore (hotels)

Look up the reviews for the hotels here on TA as well.

ktown

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,432 posts
5,647 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: expat explore (hotels)

Hoteliers do sometimes try to dump their not so good rooms on large tour groups when they arrive. Just make sure you check that everything works in your room when your tour guide passes out keys. If not, find them quickly and ask them for a room exchange.

southend-on-sea
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: expat explore (hotels)

what tour are you doing nereshnee?

I am booked on the 31st July tour, just wondered if you could share your list?

Johannesburg, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: expat explore (hotels)

Hello @ Clarelou8282

I am doing the Europe Comfort Tour 17 Days

Send me your email address and i will forward you a list of the hotels i received

My tour guide manage to get me the list

Regards

Nereshnee