We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Megabus.com, which already operates low-cost coach (bus) services within the UK, USA and Canada, is launching three new routes in Europe:

Birmingham - London - Boulogne - Paris

Leicester - London - Brussels - Amsterdam

Paris - Brussels - Amsterdam

Bookings, which can only be made online, are now open and the first services start on 16th April. Fares start from just £1 + 50p booking fee.

stagecoach.com/media/…2012-03-07.aspx

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

is this actually travelling across europe or just different countries it is starting in?

Edited: 08 March 2012, 19:12
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Great news for Bargain travel. Good competition to Eurolines & others...

I only travel from Charlotte to Washington (US), but find the bus the most comfortable, wifi, etc. I think you should also post on Amsterdam, Paris & UK forums.. Thanks for letting us know :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,241 posts
5,491 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Cool!

US
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Has anybody traveled on any of the new routes from London to either Paris or Amsterdam OR from Paris to Amsterdam?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Not yet - they don't start until Monday 16th April - as I wrote in my original post.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 13:03
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

That's great news for the bargain traveler! I've traveled some of their routes in England - incredible value.

ktown

US
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Sorry about forgetting that vital piece of info in the flurry of making last-minute plans. I'm having difficulty booking and I could use any one of their proposed new routes in my travels next week. Has anyone had success with booking?

Level Contributor
6 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Hi, all

I have just been to Paris from Birmingham, using their new services from Birmingham to Paris via Victoria Coach station, and want to share my experiences with you and hopefully this will be useful for your travelling plan.

I managed to get £1 ticket between Birmingham and Paris (£2.50 return in total including 50p booking fee). I took an overnight service for outbound, and day service for inbound.

The coach itself was new, has got Toilet facility and WiFi, but no plug socket to charge battery (so, you need to fully charge your battery before boarding or take extra batteries). The seat on the coach was OK, but almost NO-reclining (only by 1cm). Because of it, I had really difficulty in getting some sleep on the coach, especially the overnight service.

The drivers were all friendly and helpful, and they will explain how to check-in at Victoria coach station. There will be no toilet break between London and Paris, but you can get refreshment on the ferry.

The coach will arrive in Paris at Porte Maillot Coach park, only few minutes walk to the nearest Metro and RER stations. When you are coming back to the UK from Paris, you just need to go to the coach and find a driver for check-in on the coach.

Surprisingly, my coach to Paris was not full, 1/3 were empty. On the way back to the London from Paris, the driver told me that the coach would be full, but actually only 2/3 full (more than 10 passengers were missing!!). Make sure you have plenty of time to get there and check-in in Paris. There will be NO assistant after the coach has left as the assistant was on the coach with us, and you would be stranded completely with no help (In the case, you need to phone to Megabus reservation centre which is a premium rate and international call from France).

Overall, my return trip was excellent, especially very value for money.

I hope the information above will be useful for all of you who are considering to take their services.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 15:14
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

Thanks for the informative post!

ktown

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Megabus expands into Europe - London-Paris-Brussel-Amsterdam

thanks for the useful info. I wonder of you could help me answer a question i have?

I have the same trip booked for august (birmingham-paris-birmingham). I am supposed to be leaving birmingham on the sunday morning, but i want to visit a friend in London the day before. Will i be able to use my birmingham to paris ticket from London instead? Or will they only let me on if i use it all the way from birmingham?

Thanks!