We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honk Car Rental

West Orange, NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Honk Car Rental

Has ANYONE rental from this company? Can't find any feedback on tripadvisor. Need to pay upfront and this worries me. Is price too good to be true? You know what they say. There is no drop off fee at all, and weekly rate for Charleston drop off Savannah including fees and taxes and unlimited milage is something like $177 for Taurus.

Please someone tell me it's legitimate.

Emily

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,515 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honk Car Rental

Hi Emily;

I would suggest posting your query on the Charleston & Savannah forums, as well. Perhaps someone on those forums will have knowledge or experience with that company.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g54171-i105-Charles…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g60814-i133-Savanna…

Best Regards

West Orange, NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honk Car Rental

Update. We did reserve with Honk and received a confirmation back stating our rental was with Avis . I immediately called Avis in Charleston and to my amazement they confirmed that in fact, my reservation was valid. Go Honk!!

I'll report after I actually conclude my rental experience.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honk Car Rental

I hope it goes well for you.

So many people report back with problems from 3rd party booking sites like this. Did they disclose ALL charges you will face once you get there to pick up and drop off the car?

Please let us know how it goes.

ktown

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honk Car Rental

wasn't that amazed by the prices...

and I seriously doubt that you will manage to avoid the different location drop off charge, somebody had a similar plan with carrental8, didn't work there either...

best of luck!

West Orange, NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honk Car Rental

I called Avis Global and gave confirmation information. They confirmed that my prepaid contract included drop off and all taxes. Hmmmm- hope you are all wrong, but we will see on May 11th when I turn car in. Wish us luck.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honk Car Rental

I just hired a car from SFO (San Francisco airport) to LAX (Los Angeles airport) with Honk. When I got my price I thought it couldn't possibly be this cheap. I saved on a 5 day car hire around $150. It was unbelievable!

After booking your car with Honk and prepaying for it, they send you a confirmation email with who you are hiring your car with. They use one of the major companies at the airport. I got National Rental Car.

Checking in was a breeze. You had to provide your voucher, credit card and driver's licence. The only complaint I have was that the lady that was checking me in was rude. I had to prepay for a full tank of petrol and return empty.

The good thing with National they let me pick my own car. They upgraded me told me which row I could pick from. So I ended up with a 2010 Honda Civic.

A fully recommend Honk. A fantastic way to hire a car if you don't mind prepaying it.

West Orange, NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honk Car Rental

Just got back from Charleston/Savannah where we rented through Honk/Avis and it was a tremendous savings and so easy. Highly recommend them.

Save Reply
8. Re: Honk Car Rental

Good to know, I am bookink in advance to rent a minivan for my family vacation on july. We are from Ecuador and we are arriving at Laguardia. I was amazed on the good rate I got for the two weeks. Can I believe this web site?? I dont want to have any unwanted surprises. Any rewies? No extra charges than the ones payed in adavanced?? Best Regards. Esteban Guarderas

Save Reply
9. Re: Honk Car Rental

Good to know, I am bookink in advance to rent a minivan for my family vacation on july. We are from Ecuador and we are arriving at Laguardia. I was amazed on the good rate I got for the two weeks. Can I believe this web site?? I dont want to have any unwanted surprises. Any rewies? No extra charges than the ones payed in adavanced?? Best Regards. Esteban Guarderas

West Orange, NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honk Car Rental

Believe it or not Honk delivered exactly as promised. No drop off charge and used Avis. . I thought if too good to be true--------- but I was wrong. I recommend it highly