We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

London, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

Hey can anyone tell me if they have used easyclicktravel.com before and whether anyone would trust them?? Found via Kayak.com and have good deals just not sure if safe??

Whats the cancelation policies on this and sites like them??

Many thanks

281 replies to this topic
Long Brnach
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
161. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

DO NOT USE! Booked a hotel room in Cozumel to save only a few $. Get down there and find that they have stripped out the included breakfast that you can get for pretty much the same price at the Hotel website. Called them and they were completely unapologetic

Melbourne. Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
162. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

I suppose this is the main forum for easyclicktravel & so I have decided to post a comment here - I discovered easyclicktravel yesterday through hotelscombined.com which is a website which shows all prices of comparative travel websites and hotelscombined is quite reputable, thus i booked directly with easyclicktravel. I received a confirmation email straight away but was a bit worried as the price seemed really cheap so decided to do a google search of easyclicktravel. I also noted that there seems to be some grammatical imperfections in the confirmation which made me feel a bit uneasy...so I sent an email to the hotel direct and they have not yet received my confirmation but have advised that it may take a while and to check back in a week's time as that is a US company and I'm booking for a hotel in Sydney, and they also advised that TOURICO HOLIDAYS INC is a trusted agent so I'll wait and see but I've also sent an email to easyclicktravel to confirm details and see how their customer service is..will keep you all updated.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
163. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

it's normal that the hotel doesn't have confirmation yet....as they say, this takes a couple of days.

I booked through easyclicktravel last year, and was a bit surprised at the cheap rates as well, but when I contact the Pod Hotel (which I did before booking) they assured me this were their actual 'normal' rates....

so, hopefully, it will all be fine.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
164. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

We thought the price was to good to be true for a hotel in Shanghai, but when we arrived the room was reserved; paid in full, exactly as we booked it - including breakfast! They don't often have the hotels we are looking at, but when they do they have GREAT prices. We Will Book with them Again...

Melbourne. Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
165. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

I've emailed EasyClickTravel to confirm my booking and they have confirmed for me that is it guaranteed and available. And they had responded within 24 hours of my first contact. I did not have an opportunity to call them on the phone so I cannot comment about the long wait times as others have mentioned...Also, on the other end I contacted the hotel who had now advised me that they have my booking in the system. So I am very happy that everything is running smoothly and to plan.

Mysuggestion is that if you want to use Easyclicktravel, you should know your dates and where you want to stay, and make sure you minimise the changes/cancellations because there are severe penalties for changes and cancellations but that is outlined clearly on the website, as they book wholesale reservations. Make sure you understand how wholesale hotel reservations work too so that you're not in for a surprise. That is why they can book it so cheaply for their customers.

I would be interested to be using this website as I believe it is legitimate and I definitely got a great deal!!

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
166. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

my husband used this easy click and while he didn't have any problems with the company you should know that you will be charged a foreign transaction which is 3% of the amount of the purchase. I did not know that until I got the bill from my credit card company. It never ceases to amaze me how the consumer is always the fool when it comes with companies taking our money. There may be a disclosure somewhere but it is definitely not obvious. Other than that there were no problems with the booking!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
167. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

The foreign transaction fee was charged by your credit card company.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
168. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

No jim--- the fee is charged because easyclick is a foreign company . This came up before-- I think it was Turkey that they are based in even though people think it is an American company

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
169. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

Can't this be taken somewhere else? It seems to me easyclick operates by providing you with common rates for hotel rooms, rates they cannot guarantee until closer to your travel date when the hotel really needs to unload rooms. If the hotel sells out of rooms then your booking is cancelled and your money returned (sans the foreign charge).

If you don' want to risk it- dont.

Edited: 17 March 2011, 13:29
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
170. Re: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??

I have used them to book a room last year right before July 4th and book another room this year. I printed out my reservation and then call the hotel a few days later to verify my reservation. I had no problems with them so far but used a credit card in case I wanted to cancel. Hope this helps! :)

Reply to: easyclicktravel.com?? Scam or just deals??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted