We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking.com

1 post
Booking.com

Never book with booking.com without checking directly with the hotels first

I made a mistake trusting them and I end up paying a rate that was double the normal rate ,

And I booked for 5 nights while my friends booked only for 3 nights ... Always check first with the Hotels directly

7 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,540 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Booking.com

>>>I made a mistake trusting them and I end up paying a rate that was double the normal rate<<<

This isn’t exclusive to any website

So you can not only thank yourself, but also thank the hotel when you arrive - because it’s the hotels that set the rate on Booking.com. I’m sure the hotel is delighted you’re paying double

Edited: 05 August 2018, 23:37
2. Re: Booking.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2018, 16:43

British Columbia...
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Booking.com

"Trusting them"? What do you mean? Booking.com doesn't set prices.

Doubtful a rate would be double for the same room. Story is fishy.

Perhaps those extra two nights increased the price? That makes more sense than the OP's story.

Btw you could always just take this useless whine onto one of the other garbage bdc threads on here, no need to pollute the forum with another useless thread.

The title of this forum is "Bargain Travel" not what did the idiot do today.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
42,203 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Booking.com

I seems my post was removed. I stand by it. Posting a warning that only serves to make themselves look stupid/silly/naive (insert a word of your choice) is of no use to anyone.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 15:02
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
581 reviews
5. Re: Booking.com

Maybe the OP' s extra 2 days are over a weekend? That usually makes a big difference.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,690 posts
478 reviews
6. Re: Booking.com

I fail to see how the OP booking 2 more nights than their friends is Booking.com's fault.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
854 posts
269 reviews
7. Re: Booking.com

I never trust any website, I always verify the price of any airline or hotel by checking multiple discount sites, apps, then checking the company website. Prices are dictated by the hotel. Booking.com or any other discount site does not make the price.

This is clearly your mistake.

Reply to: Booking.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted