We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
53 reviews
Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

I only just was told about the Dollar Flight Club - https://dollarflightclub.com/ they are supposed to help with searches for; cheap, discounted, wrongly advertised, fares across all classes of travel globally.

I believe it is a subscription service, for around $3 or so a month, so not too expensive even if you only travel once or twice a year - assuming the savings are there?

Anyway, I am trying to find out if anyone has knowledge or experience with their service?

Many thanks

Kevin

25 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,705 posts
1. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

Hi Kevin,

Maybe ask on the Air Travel forum. I clicked your username and saw you have been asking on there about other unreliable flight bookers and ticket floggers. You are obviously trying to find cheap deals to save some money, but it’s not worth risking your money on shonky companies making all kinds of promises.

Booking direct on an airlines own website is safest and if you sign up on the various airlines own websites to get their email alerts about Sale fares you can save heaps of money by being flexible with your dates and travel during the sale period.

I was watching flights to Singapore as I go often. They were AU$923 and then I got the Qantas/Emirates emails about a sale and booked immediately for $644. I booked it direct on the Emirates website. To me that’s a good saving. I wouldn’t trust my money to Subscription services trying to find me deals when I can find them myself.

Here’s the Air Travel forum to ask on there if anyone knows this “Club” :- https:/…ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Travel.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

Good of you to reply Avanti_SG, I used this blog as it is new and I thought dedicated to cheap ticket searches etc.?

Cheers

Kevin

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,705 posts
3. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

I tend to do searches on Matrix, to get an idea of flight timings, routes then book direct on the airlines website. Here’s Matrix:- https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

What flights do you usually need or want? Within Australia, or to Asia, or between Asian cities, or to Europe? Elsewhere? Low Cost Carriers, or full service airlines? Economy, or Business class?

4. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 21:02

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
12,018 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

Ah so there is a magic airfare fairy who can produce low cost tickets, good to know.

6. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 21:04
Edited: 06 August 2018, 21:04

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,705 posts
7. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

Gosh this is such an amusing coincidence. Someone posts about them, then a new member who has joined today suddenly appears out of nowhere, and out of the millions of topics on this site, stumbles miraculously onto this one with great experiences of using them....LOL. Great way to advertise...

1 post
8. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

Hi Kevin and Avanti,

Jumping in to hopefully help a little?

...I actually work at DFC and we're just seeing this. Myself and many members think we're great, but we offer a free membership and free premium trial to members so they can try out the service for themselves.

Please reach out to us if you ever have any questions, our support team is always happy to help and give you any additional info you need! Our Facebook group is a great resource as well to chat with other members and get your questions answered.

Cheers! - Kyle

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,705 posts
9. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

Thanks anyway, but I only answered on this topic as I’m a Destination Expert on this forum. I always search myself and book directly on an Airlines website. So I won’t be using your site.

Regina,Sask
11 posts
10. Re: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club

If it is free why do I have to give my credit card??

Reply to: Has anyone tried: Dollar Flight Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted