We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amoma experience

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
304 reviews
Amoma experience

Hi

I recently had an experience with Amoma and they seem to advertise travel/hotel deals that actually do not exist - what I would term as "phantom deals". I find this very misleading.

It first shows attractive prices and when you try to book, it informs you that it is “sold out”. Hence, I did not proceed to make a booking.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or what their general experience was with Amoma

For me, I did not proceed with them and stuck with known online aggregators.

Thank you

CDean

13 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,368 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Amoma experience

If you use the Search Box above and type in Amoma, you’ll literally find dozens of threads about Amoma complaints

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,368 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: Amoma experience

Yes, thousands of complaints about them. You can type their name into the ‘Search All Forums for” search box on this forums homepage link below and browse the search results and read through some of the existing forum topics:- https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Save or bookmark that link so you can do a quick search on any travel company before you decide to use them, as it’s a good quick way to check on a companies reputation, tactics, and level of Customer Service. The link also helps you access all the city/Destination forums on TripAdvisor.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,200 posts
478 reviews
3. Re: Amoma experience

I'm glad you did not proceed. I was the same when I first came across them. I had too many suspicions about them to even try them out. Once the complaints started appearing, I was very pleased with my judgement!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
304 reviews
4. Re: Amoma experience

Amoma seems to have glowing reviews on Trustpilot...

https:/…www.amoma.com

.... but when I tried to register my thoughts and complaints about them on Trustpilot, they used every trick in the book to stop my review from being published (reporting I was non-compliant, used inappropriate language, etc)

I am not the only review they are shutting down... if you look at a number of negative reviews posted.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,368 posts
123 reviews
5. Re: Amoma experience

I wouldn’t trust TrustPilot reviews anyway. Have you seen all the negative comments on the forums by searching as I mentioned above.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,200 posts
478 reviews
6. Re: Amoma experience

TrustPilot is about as trustworthy as the bloke down the pub who wants to sell you a 60" telly for £100.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,230 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Amoma experience

TrustPilot has been fined in New Zealand for accepting payment to give companies better ratings.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
74,200 posts
478 reviews
8. Re: Amoma experience

Well done New Zealand! I've read about such thing shappening, but this seems

conclusive.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 14:54
Level Contributor
22 posts
9. Re: Amoma experience

Hi CLSDean,

Thank you for sharing your opinion!

Kindly note that we work with a live booking system, meaning that rates and availability can change at any moment. Special limited offers at the best rates are indicated on our website. Should you need assistance during the booking process you can speak with one of our team members using our LiveChat or contact us via phone.

Best regards,

Eva

AMOMA.com Support Team

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
304 reviews
10. Re: Amoma experience

Thank you all. With the multiple forum posts, I believe I now have the full picture of what is "on the brochure" (i.e. the claims made by the firms) and what is the "true reality on the ground".

Prospective clients can read through the threads to make their own decision.

Many thanks

Reply to: Amoma experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted