We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Escapes

Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Escapes

I've seen a couple of deals that interest me, but I don't know if there are any additional charges like taxes, fees, etc. Does anyone know?

4 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,840 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Escapes

Hi Reece,

I am not sure where you are from as there is no city or country location showing under your username and photo. This forum has forum contributors from all over the world so it may help if you clarify as many people may not be familiar with them. Is it the Australian Luxury Escapes you mean, and they send out emails about deals, often in major cities, Asian destinations and some European ones too?

Someone on the Singapore forum recently mentioned they chose one of their deals for a luxury hotel in Singapore and had a good stay, no surprises. Some dates did attract a surcharge, but you can clearly see on the date selection calanders which are the cheapest block of dates and which others seem to have a figure on them. Some I’ve looked at had AU$80 next to some dates.

Other reviews I’ve read of Singapore hotels which mention people booking it through Luxury Escapes say they had to chase up hotel staff to make sure all the things in their deal were included, like the late checkout, or the included breakfasts or dinners.

There are forum topics on quite a few forums mentioning Luxury Escapes, so maybe do a search. You can type their name into the ‘Search All Forums for” search box on this forums homepage link below and browse the search results:- https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Then, maybe if you find useful comments about them you could click on that posters username link, then in their profile page click on “Send Message” and send them a PM (private message) asking for more details. If they choose to reply to you tripadvisor will send you an email alert.

I’m still not sure about them and have not gone ahead yet. I travel solo and see that a lot of the deals say two included breakfasts or two massages or dinner for two. I contacted them and asked what deals there are for solo travellers or are there any discounts for people travelling on their own and they said no, everything is packaged for two people travelling together.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,300 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Escapes

If you live in Australia, then Australian law requires that advertised prices include all compulsory fees, charges and taxes. In other words, it must be possible to obtain the advertised service at the advertised price. But, as mentioned in reply #1, there may be extra charges for some dates or for staying at a hotel over a weekend.

We have taken up 3 or 4 Luxury Escapes hotel offers, and have never had a problem in getting the advertised included extras (including at the Marriott Tang Plaza in Singapore).

Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Escapes

Thanks. I'll give it a go and post my experience after.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,840 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Escapes

Yes SydneyNick, I was thinking of you both and the Marriott Tang Plaza stay when I saw this topic. When your other half came on our forum she gave some good feedback on the deal and that hotel.

Others who stayed at Sofitel So Hotel in Singapore had the trouble getting the hotel to honour everything. Probably the hotels fault rather than any issue with Luxury Escapes.

Their recently advertised Club Room deal at the new Sofitel City Centre Hotel in Singapore looked lovely.

Reply to: Luxury Escapes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted