We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Quickly Scammers

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
815 posts
248 reviews
Hotel Quickly Scammers

I booked a room based on the photos that I saw. on the site for a 4 star hotel. I checked the photos on the hotel's website to see that it was the same hotel and then I booked.

My booking came back as a booking for a 2 star hotel in a different part of town. They will not accept any responsibility or correct their error. Use them at your peril!

7 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,656 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Quickly Scammers

Take it up with your credit card company, on the grounds that you are not receiving what you paid for.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
469 posts
2. Re: Hotel Quickly Scammers

Always book direct. I just booked a room for a week in January and to my surprise during checkout I saw I was getting a 10% discount for booking directly on the hostel website. (I didn’t realize this when I was only browsing the price of the rooms.)

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
16,002 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Quickly Scammers

Ben, I just booked a tour on a Groupon but the rate came in even lower because all my purchases are filtered through an app called Honey. If you like extra discounts you might try it. The venue itself had a promo code that I didn't know about and their discount was added to the Groupon. I've been on the tour and there were no problems with the low rate. How nice.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 04:22
Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
815 posts
248 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Quickly Scammers

I am in the process of sorting it out, but it is a mission!

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
815 posts
248 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Quickly Scammers

Thanks so much. I will check it out.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
815 posts
248 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Quickly Scammers

UPDATE : The website has finally agreed to refund me,!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,647 posts
478 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Quickly Scammers

I'm delighted that you've got them to agree to a refund, but I'm assuming it hasn't been paid back to you yet?

I hope you'll get your cash back soon, but please keep this thread updated either way.

Reply to: Hotel Quickly Scammers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted