We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

Olathe, KS
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

We are thinking posibbly USVI, Mexico, or anywhere in the caribbean. We just returned from The Royal in Playa Del Carmen, and loved the all-inclusive idea, however, they did not have pool side music all day, and not much of a "night life" at night. Any suggestions?

When I say "night life" I just mean somewhere to listen to music, dance, etc... even until midnight. Not necassairly needing a "club" atmoshphere.

For couples in their 30's.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

I stayed at the Golden Parnassus in Cancun at the end of last year and there was poolside music all day. It's adults only AI, as well. And at night, the Tiki Hut was great to hang out at - or hit one of the clubs in the hotel zone. GP is not the only option like this, either. USVI was also fun when I went several years back. Maybe check out Barbados or Costa Rica, if they seem interesting.

Olathe, KS
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

Thank you so much! Do you have any resorts you would reccommend for the USVI?

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

The USVI has nothing that fits your description. I can't think of anything in Costa Rica either.

I would look into Jamaica or Dominican Republic.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

Have you looked into the Hard Rock in Punta Cana? It's not adult only, but it may work for you.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

Hmmm....that's interesting luv4travelNJ, because with not much effort, I came up with 1 resort in USVI and one resort in Costa Rica. I'm not saying there are tons of them, but there's at least 1.

Keep researching, you might find more.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147402-d148176…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1483712-d11548…

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

Bk_t1,

The OP asked for adult only resorts. Neither of the two links you posted is adult only, so I fail to understand your point.

Further, I would not recommend either of these two hotels. The Riu Guanacaste has all but destroyed the fragile ecosystem in its area (check the CR forum for more info, if interested). If you want to support developers that have no concern for the environment, that is fine, but I do not.

With respect to the USVI, they are not known for AI resorts, and the Divi is the only true AI on any of the three major islands. And again, it is not adult only (which the OP clearly asked for ). St. Croix has many great restaurants, so why stay AI there?

Edited: 22 April 2012, 00:07
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

You made good points regarding AO AI and non-AO AI, I was just trying to find additional options for the poster, since I try to be helpful and let the OP decide. As for filtering options based on "damage to the ecosystem", is that right? I mean, if you want to talk about that, then let's talk about exploitation of workers and imbalance of worker wages in some of these locations. This could be a slippery slope discussion because options would soon narrow quickly.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

My hubby and i stayed at Blue bay villas in Puerta Plata , DR. music and games all day pool side, shows at night, great buffet. we've done it 2 years in a row and now want to try something different but keep thinking we will end up back at blue bay. NO KIDS. we leave ours at home and don't want to deal w/ others. parents yelling is usually the worst part

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

The Royal Hideaway Playacar is by far the best adults only 5 star resort I have ever been to. I have heard from friends that Excellence is also good. The people we met at the Royal Hideaway had stayed at Excellence and all said the RH was better.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Adults Only, All-Inclusive resort with a lot of music?

You'll definitely like the Iberostar Grand Hotel at Playa Paraiso beach, a 20 minute drive from Playa Del Carmen.............this is an award winning Adult only, All inclusive resort with all that you ask for, and a loyal clientele that return year after year......top shelf, all the way............read the many excellent reviews of this property here on Trip Advisor.........

Get answers to your questions