We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long before reviews get posted...

Home
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How long before reviews get posted...

Hello,

I submitted my review over a week ago and it is still pending...while reviews submitted on the same motel within the last few days have been posted.

Also, for the life of me...I cannot find any Tripadvisor contact info on this site...I've been exploring every corner of the website for the last 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance,

Caladesi Guy

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

I'm having the same issue. I don't understand. I wrote other reviews after the one that is pending and they have already posted. Please explain TA.

I, too, cannot find anyone to contact at TA. Every email I ever got from them is a "do not reply" email address.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,067 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Caladesi & crestondudeski;

Reviews from new users can, and usually are, a bit slower to be posted. They can be posted in as little as a day, or as long as a few weeks, depending on the staff’s workload at TripAdvisor.

If your review shows as pending, it has not yet been vetted by TA staff.

TripAdvisor receives an average of 11,000 reviews each day. The vetting system is semi-automated. If the system detects something within a review that requires a closer look by TA staff, it sets that review aside for additional, human attention. It makes no difference if the review is positive or negative.

tripadvisor.ca/help/why_do_some_reviews_take…

As it has been less than 2 weeks since you submitted your review, I would suggest waiting a little longer.

Best Regards

Edited: 09 May 2012, 01:08
Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,791 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

Hi,

As RescueTeam has said, it can be a range of time frames. With my reviews it has taken anything from 2 days to 3 weeks +, so be patient and they should appear : )

RobT

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

It's been over 2 weeks now since my post was submitted and it's still pending. Other reviews of mine have been posted and they were written much later.

Little help on understanding what is happening??

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,086 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

There's no point in trying to understand what's happening. It's a semi-automated process, and occasionally reviews get snagged for a second look by a human for reasons that may or may not make sense.

Like you, I've been submitting a bunch of reviews lately, and most have been published in 48 hours or so. But one was marked as "pending" in my contributions list for more than two weeks. It can't have anything to do with the rating (five dots) or some nefarious backroom deal with the competitors, as the review was for a brand new, landmark bridge. Public property, no admission fee :-)

If your review takes more than two weeks, ask about it using this form:

www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSuppport

Select "status of my review" and then choose the review title from the list (or "not listed" if it isn't there). You should get a response in a couple of days.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 07:17
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

@crestondudeski,

As it's been over 2 weeks for you, you can contact TA at this link if you don't see the review posted in a few days:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Status of my review/not listed

Some reviews are set aside to be vetted by TA staff and can take 2+ weeks. As yours says it's pending, it's waiting to be vetted. Sometimes a review isn't posted IF the reviewer was sent a randomly-sent email and the member failed to verify the review. Also, if there are photos attached, it will take around 2 weeks as the photos are manually checked by TA Staff to ensure they're in compliance with photo guidelines.

L4

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,940 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

Caladesi Guy,

You've gotten a lot of great advice from the experts on this forum. I agree with Country_wife's comments in particular.

Imho, if your writing style or review content tend to be a bit 'non-traditional', TA may have a 2nd look and it will take longer to be published. Here's an example of 2 reviews. One is very basic and the other is much longer and more 'creative'. The 1st review was published in less than 1 day. The 2nd one took more than 1 week and I traded several emails with TA to explain some of the terms that I had used in the review.

Sometimes TA Staff is busier than usual and everyone has to wait. Other times, I think it depends on how the review is written.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187457-d989…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187457-d825…

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,940 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

PS. An anecdotal addition to my comments in post #7. When my review was submitted, it originally contained a compliment to a 'bald waiter'. TA didn't like that and explained that it was an inappropriate and negative description.

I replied that I was saying I received good service from that waiter and the reference to his baldness was a response to the PREVIOUS reviewer. His review had been accepted and he had said that the 'bald waiter' was rude and offensive. :-)

The TA Staff member realized this, back-edited the previous reviewer's comments and accepted my review - sans the word 'bald'.

Northampton/Frigilia...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

One of my clients emailed a review 6 weeks ago. Still not appeared for verification.

Beyond a joke. If its gonna take 8 weeks tell people.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,067 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long before reviews get posted...

Hi FrigilianaFreddy;

Does their review show as "Pending" in their profile ?

Best Regards