We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Ponta Delgada...
6 posts
Save Topic
Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Greetings,

I've tried to list my properties in TA 2 times now and I've gone though all the site without understanding the reason for it or the best way to contact someone to help me do this the correct way. Even called Boston HQ but it redirected me here again.

I can't find a similar topic in help center, and in owners forum, I can't go in since I'm not listed.

Long story short, I would like to know why I can't be listed.

I represent an exploring company that offers lodging and activities in the Azores and I we have the criteria to be listed in Other Lodging.

The reference for flipkey is not attractive since 1. It's not fully integrated in TA and 2. You have to pay...

Would really appreciate any help that anyone can give because I've lost tons of time and energy in something I thought to be super simple.

Thanks in advance.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hi there.

A link to your website will help forum members help you figure this out.

Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,696 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hi LivingAzores;

A quick look at your website reveals the following information...

"Self catering holiday accommodation on Faial - restored stone cottages, cabins and modern houses"

That certainly sounds like a "Vacation Rental", which is why TA staff have directed you to their sister site, FlipKey.com

"Vacation rentals are typically private homes or apartments that are rented out to travelers when they are not in user by their owners. They can offer the space and amenities of a private home, but vary in terms of on-site services."

tripadvisor.com/help/about_different_kinds_o…

If TA staff have rejected your listing requests, there is nothing more that any of us on this forum can do to assist you further.

Best Regards

Ponta Delgada...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hello RT,

Thank you for your fast reply and Help.

I don't know where you got that info but our page is www.livingazores.com and it is in São Miguel, not Faial (would like to know where you got that info btw).

I just wanted to know why it has been refused so that I could explain what is not being take in account or just derive to another solution if we really can't be listed.

Looking forward to ear from you again.

Thanks in advance.

FC

Ponta Delgada...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hello Noah,

Sorry I didn't see your post.

The adress is www.livingazores.com.

Thank you.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,696 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hi LivingAzores;

Doing a Google search for "Living Azores" found this page.

www.azoresproperties.com/en/faq_azores.html

Best Regards

Ponta Delgada...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Many thanks RT!

Got to work that SEO ; )

Ponta Delgada...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hello again you all...

Any new thoughts on this? Or is there anyone that I should contact directly at TA so that can explain to me why I can't be listed?

Thanks in advance.

FC

8. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 May 2012, 15:59
Edited: 10 May 2012, 15:59
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,696 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hi LivingAzores;

As I commented earlier, if TA staff have rejected your listing requests, and have suggested a FlipKey listing, they have determined that your business does not qualify to be listed on TA under the categories of "Hotel, B&B/Inn, Specialty Lodging"

tripadvisor.com/help/about_different_kinds_o…

There decision is final.

There is nothing more that any of us on this forum can do to assist you further.

Best Regards

Ponta Delgada...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Listing Request does not meet the necessary criteria

Hello Rt,

Thanks!

My question turns to where should I go for further assistance since I don't understand why they don't accept this. I've got family & friends with identical business that are listed here...

I've tried calling by telephone and looking for similar posts on help center but it seems that there is no "Contact us" for the problem I list here.

Thanks for your time and patience.

FC