We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to submit undated reviews, too.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
I want to submit undated reviews, too.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g38077-d19…

How did WINC submit an undated review? I get a red warning message when I try. I am particularly interested since the Welcome Center closed for good in December.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

Undated reviews were possible through the popup, but I don't think you can any longer - i'm not sure. While that particular form allowed reviews of any time, I do not think this changed the 1 year policy for review submissions.

Did you report that businesses as cLosed?

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

Yes, I reported it as closed.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

I just reported (a different business) closed, I heard its taking a long while for those to be completed.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,768 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

Taking a long while is an understatement, Noah. I have been reporting several closed hotels in my town at least once a year, same properties, since 2008. The listings are still on the site.

It has been a bit faster with closed restaurants. Two i reported these year a few times. One was taken down after I submitted a review that it had closed, and reported it again. Another restaurant, which is rumored has moved to another location, is still on the site with my review 'no longer at this location'. Interestingly, TA accepted my submission of the new restaurant on this same location (and a note that the previous one had closed in my listing request submission).

Silvia

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

I reported a B&B as closed in 2008, linked to a newspaper story about the closing, linked to the property's website that mentions they do not let rooms and nothing has been done. It is still listed as one of the top three. I now find it amusing.

Those popup reviews were an interesting idea! Like the Welcome Center, a local restaurant closed in December but has two new undated reviews. Also amusing. I am waiting until November to review my December visit to the place.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

For the businesses (mostly restaurants) that I have reported closed, it has taken anywhere from 10 weeks to 16 weeks or more for TA to actually remove their listings. For most of these, if they're still on TA a month after I reported them, I report them again. And if they're still there after another month, I report them as closed a third time. And so on...

In follow-up reports, I always state that they were reported earlier, and give the date(s) that I submitted those reports.

I have no idea whether that helps, but it makes me feel better.

As for the pop-up reviews, a very popular and long-standing local attraction has been closed for renovations since August 2008. (It is scheduled to reopen this coming summer, at long last) . It gets lots of reviews. A few even mention that it is closed, but most do not.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 08:12
USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

You are much more diligent than I am, Country Wife. I do not care enough to report a second or third time.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

I don't blame you, Hoogo. Not one bit.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 08:21
9. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 May 2012, 12:53
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,343 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I want to submit undated reviews, too.

I have given up reporting closed businesses. There's no-one in Newton assigned to the job of removing them any more. It's a quantity thing.