We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Trip List was Deleted

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
My Trip List was Deleted

Hello TA...I am a destination expert for Philadelphia and have posted many lists in order to link them to our FAQ and Itineraries for handy reference.

Recently, I found that a list that I had prepared and published was deleted. I never received any notification of the deletion of this list or reason for its deletion.

Please explain the reason for deletion of a trip list and also why I receved no notice of the deletion? If there was something about the list that violated TA's guidelines, you could have told me what it was and I could have then corrected the list. The deletion of a list without notice seems truly disrespectful of the TA community. :(

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

Hi Rocknroll52,

I'm a member here and not TA Staff.

Here's a couple of ideas: On this link:

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_are_traveler_golists

you'll see, Didn't answer your question? Contact us. You could contact TA Staff about your list to see what's happened.

Or, as a DE, as this happened to a list that was pinned to your Destination, you could PM your DE/TA Liaison. Hopefully, it can be recovered.

L4

Edited: 25 February 2012, 23:01
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
735 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

I just want to show sympathy with your experience. I had half a dozen trip lists deleted, on with over 400 places in it, some months ago.

I wrote to TA support about it and received a reply, which indicated that my uses of the feature did not match what the editors were looking for. For example, if you used it to make a list of recommended establishments in Philadelphia, then perhaps that is what caused it to be deleted!

My lists were like that, forms of classified collections of places, that I felt travellers might like to find out about. It seems that TA editors were expecting them to be a "Trip Report" feature, in that it was a list of places that you actually have visited or plan to visit as "Your Trip".

Although I felt my usage was within the guidelines flagged by Luckyfour, it was clear that the editorial staff's interpretation of the same words could be different to ours.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

hmmm...so I'm not the only one this happened to. Yes indeed many of my lists are for recommended places in our city (such as, what are the must sees, best places to go with kids, best bars, best restaurants, etc.). The reason that I put them in list form is because that is the only form you can use that won't allow strangers to edit your recommendations. For example, if you put your list as an "article" then anyone can change your list without asking you. If you put your list in a forum post, then no one will ever find it. I hope this does not happen again.

@luckyfour: I have no idea who my DE/TA liaison is. How do I find out?

Edited: 26 February 2012, 02:04
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,889 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

Rocknroll52,

See my PM.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,910 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

I don't think DE's have a TA liaison do we?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

I may have misunderstood. :-(

L4

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

TA_MikeW is in charge of the DE program.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,889 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

Yes, there is a DE liaison, MsFuzz. PM me if you want more info.

Edited to add: LOL, don't know why I was trying to keep it a big mystery. Thanks Hans_DEN!

Edited: 27 February 2012, 04:48
Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
9. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

Hi rocknroll52,

I asked our reviews team about this and they told me why these were removed- I've sent you a pm'd with their reason.

TA_Jeanine

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,997 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Trip List was Deleted

That's nice, TA_Jeanine.

I realise this is a bit HUMTABish, but if the reviews team were happy to tell you the reason, and you were happy to tell rocknroll52, why could they not have told him in the first instance when the Trip List was deleted?

Luigi