We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why do my reviews not save?

Wirral, Merseyside...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Why do my reviews not save?

I have just written a review which took me over half and hour to write, then added 8 photographs and when I saved them, the whole thing dissapeared, and my internet connection was lost. It rebooted it self brining up previous pages I was viewing, but losing all the my hard work.

Why does this happen? This is the second time this has happend to me, the other review was about another hotel, and the review was never recovered.

Very frustrating.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
1,00,443 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

First of all you should write your review in a word processor, then save it. You can then edit and spell check it before you copy and paste it into TA's submission form.

I would post the review first then, when it's online add the photos afterwards. TA are closely examining every photo now to make sure they are family friendly and contain no copyrighted material,etc and submitting the photos with your review will mean it will take longer to be approved.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,568 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

Hi HelenPritch;

Until you click on the "Submit" button, the review only exists on your screen. There is no way to save your draft copy on TripAdvisor.

Best Regards

Wirral, Merseyside...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

Its when I am clicking on Submit that twice now, having spent a long time writing my review and uploading photos that the review has not saved when submitted.

I have to say its usually when I am submitting more than 4 photos that this happens, and these are usually my longest reviews.

Having spent so long writing them, decided not to redo them as they would take up too much of my time again.

So can anyone tell me why it does not save when submitted!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,735 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

When you are typing on your computer, it is NOT on TripAdvisor's computer. A bazillion things could go wrong to prevent you sending it properly to TripAdvisor.

Please read the previous answers. Write the review on a word processor like MS Word. Submit it SEPARATELY from photos. Wait until the review is published, then come back and submit the photos.

Luigi

Edited: 06 September 2011, 16:09
Wirral, Merseyside...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

I understand how computers work and how things can go wrong, but what I want to know from Trip Advisor is why it happens, not that it happens, though thank you for your advice.

I do always think after I have lost a report that I should have copied and pasted it elsewhere first.

I want to know why it happens when I submit a very long report, rather than when you submit a standard - long report?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,735 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

Do you also use the computer for Facebook?

If so, you need to disconnect Facebook and TripAdvisor.

Follow these instructions: tripadvisor.com/help/how_do_i_facebook_disco…

www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_turn_off_ip

And then you need to start writing your reviews in Word first. :))

Luigi

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

Helen,

If disconnecting from Facebook (if you have an account), doesn't resolve the problem, then do write back.

L4

Coleford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

Hi, I am having the same problem when trying to submit my reviews, irrespective of their length, and with no photos involved..

This is a recent problem, which has arisen in last couple of months. Prior to this when I hit 'submit' the reviews did just this. Then, once processed, I would receive email confirmation from Tripadvisor that the review had been accepted. I now have several new reviews (all saved ready to paste as per the suggestion above). However, when I then paste etc it still will not submit. I am not logged on to Facebook!!

Help please?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,568 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

Hi CaznStu;

FYI...It is proper forum Netiquette not to "tag on" or revive an older post.

New topics get more visibility and therefore more qualified replies, as some people don't look at old topics once they have replied.

Also it is "considerate" to the OP so that replies don't get confused between their questions and those posed by others. It means that they will then not be receiving emails from TA telling them to check "their" topic for replies.

Please go back to this forum’s main page where you found this topic and click on the orange "Ask a question" button. You can then post your own question, and receive replies to it.

Best Regards

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why do my reviews not save?

CaznStu

Do you get any sort of error message???