We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Hi .. we have always been categorised as a Restaurant and now seem to only be showing as Quick Bites which is not a good representation of our business. Can we please have this changed back to Restaurant. thanks so much

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
94,275 posts
197 reviews
170 helpful votes
1. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Ask other owners for assistance on the private Owner's Forum rather than this member forum.

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k8667752

Hanapepe, Hawaii
3 posts
2. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Same thing happened to us, and now we don’t show up on the lists when people search. We were ranked #1 for 3 years on our entire island

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
87,101 posts
2,908 reviews
2,739 helpful votes
3. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Yes, this “seems to be going around.”

Maybe the Influencers and Bloggers were getting confused, so TA decided to simplify things for them?

Nest of luck, and hope that the Owners’ Forum will be helpful.

Hunt

Wagga Wagga...
1 post
4. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Hi, was there any resolution to this problem? We have a large bistro with a huge outdoor beer garden where people sit and eat their meals. We are not a "Quick Bites" venue according to the criteria listed by Tripadvisor. This is highly frustrating. Is there anything we can do to change this?

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
1,00,320 posts
99 reviews
631 helpful votes
5. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum. Please post your concern on that forum.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.html

Best Regards

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Hi Thomas

yes eventually after i hounded Trip Advisor for weeks and answering all their questions to prove we were actually a restaurant and not quick bites. They wouldn't change it back initially but i just kept emailing them and I wasn't going to go away so they eventually gave in to me. Thats what i suggest you do.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
1,10,848 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
7. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Perseverance can often be n important quality when communicating with Tripadvisor. I'm pleased you didn't give up, and got somewhere in the end.

Hobart, Australia
1 post
8. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant
Save

Hello there, we have the same problem with Quick Bites, what email address did you use to contact Trip Advisor?

9. Re: Change from Quick Bites to Restaurant

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.