We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why can't Trip Advisor allow me to reply to emails they send

Hartford...
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Why can't Trip Advisor allow me to reply to emails they send

1) I incorrectly received an email from Trip Advisor saying I can only post once for an event!

2) I DID only post "once" but after I submitted I noticed a spelling mistake I made. To correct it, Trip Advisor does NOT allow editing while it is being REVIEWED, so I did the SAME THING I did LAST SEPTEMBER and DELETED the original post and reposted it TO CORRECT a MISTAKE!

3) So WHY can I not post PROPERLY, fixing SPELLING MISTAKES so I do NOT look like an IDIOT?!?!?

4) And WHY can I NOT reply to EMAILS you SEND me?!?! That is BAD BUSINESS practice if you ask me!

3 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,615 posts
1. Re: Why can't Trip Advisor allow me to reply to emails they send

Some people like me choose to write their reviews in Word program or Notes Program, spell check it, save it, leave it overnight and then read through again to edit and add more. Then when happy we can all copy and paste our saved review into the review submission text box, then click the “Preview” button to see what our review will look like when published. That allows us to go back in and edit as many times as we want, then when it’s all looking good we click Submit to get it published. Sometimes I go back in 2-3 times previewing and fixing paragraphs or tidying it up a bit before I finally click Submit. I like seeing how it will appear published before I make that final button press.

Doing that beforehand almost guarantees it won’t have mistakes.I find that easier than noticing after it’s published and having to remove and resubmit. It sounds like you have done the removal and resubmission a couple of times. That’s such a hassle.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,483 posts
1,819 reviews
2. Re: Why can't Trip Advisor allow me to reply to emails they send

Sorry OP, but with all the caps, I quit reading early on.

Best of luck,

Hunt

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
16,629 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Why can't Trip Advisor allow me to reply to emails they send

I totally agree The_Loup - "virtual shouting" (as opposed to maybe using a small amount of caps to highlight something) is really off-putting and from what I can gather from younger members of my family considered quite rude! .

Also, Teresa V seems to think that she is addressing TA itself in this post - if she is lucky one of the moderators might notice it but the general readership is just other members.

Avanti's suggesting in Post 1 is a good one - proofreading ones own work produces a better result by far

Reply to: Why can't Trip Advisor allow me to reply to emails they send
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted