We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See reviews in other languages ?

2 posts
Save Topic
See reviews in other languages ?

When on the Reviews for an entry, eg an Attraction, in an English-language site (eg .co.uk one), how can I

a. see whether there are Reviews in languages other than English; if so, how many, and in which other languages; and

b. navigate directly to those other Reviews ?

There used to be a 'button' for this on the entry for that Attraction, with an option to see those others, which were at the end of the listing. Now, the only clue that such may exist is the difference between the 'total Reviews' and the number of Reviews listed

7 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: See reviews in other languages ?

If you look in this listing, as an example, scroll down to where the reviews start, below the row of 4 advertising photos. Under the green button "Write a review" you will see the languages button. Select the button you would like.

Link: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: See reviews in other languages ?

Thanks, but I am in the UK. I note that the link is to an Attraction in Canada via the .com URL. However, if I follow that link, I find I am looking at that Attraction via the .co.uk URL. The latter has no such 'languages' button under 'write a review'. Perhaps they are configured differently. Any ideas ?

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: See reviews in other languages ?

MV, I am also in the UK and would like to see reviews (not write them) and forum posts in other languages, specifically in Spanish in my case. I tried to do this recently by opening the Spanish version of TA. It worked for about 5 seconds, then as I was selecting a forum post the whole page suddenly turned into English, even though I checked that I still had the .es version open. Any ideas please?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: See reviews in other languages ?

I have no trouble finding reviews in different languages. Are you on the App? Or mobile version of TA?

On the full version, I changed the flag at the bottom of the page to UK and navigated to the UK forums. Chose the Lakes District Forum. Then Things to Do. Still in .co.uk version. I selected a listing from the list and am able to choose from 8 different languages, plus All languages. I chose another listing but there were only English reviews, 220 of them.

Here is the result for a Lakes District listing, chosen for Spanish -2 reviews:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Rev…

Christabel, if you would like to use the forums in Spanish, you need the .es version of TA. At the bottom of the page where it displays the Currency and Country flags, select “España” from the flag list. Again, I am doing this on the full version of TA.

Many years ago, I wanted to use .com instead of .ca on the full version (.ca uses the 24 hour time stamp and 3 hours time difference to me as well - Boston time) but kept getting automatically flipped back to .ca. After some back and forth with the Help Centre, they sorted something and my selected version has behaved since then.

Edited: 18 August 2018, 22:17
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: See reviews in other languages ?

Thanks MultiVancouver. When I looked at the Country it only showed United Kingdom and Ireland and changing the currency to euros didn't bring up any more options. However, I think I have solved the problem. I'm on my laptop at the moment and this time when I went onto the .es site, it stayed in Spanish. I suspect that when I tried this before and it flipped back to English, I was using my Android tablet. I do not have the dreaded TA app downloaded but I've noticed when downloading psges in Spanish from other sites, a box will sometimes come up for a few seconds at the bottom of the page saying Spanish/English and if I don't close it quickly enough it will start translating the page into English. I presume that happened with the TA ;es site previously, so will avoid that in future by just accessing the .es site on my laptop. Apologies for posting on this thread in Help. I should have gone over to Support .

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: See reviews in other languages ?

I don't know why that happens, Christabel, I expect you are not alone. Glad you have found stability on your laptop.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,072 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: See reviews in other languages ?

I just had a go at this as I've sometimes used reviews in other languages.

I'm on a lap top and was able to view any of the reviews for an hotel in Italy and one in Spain in my selected languages under the .co.uk site with no problem.

I tried both the local language and a different language for both places.

Reply to: See reviews in other languages ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted