We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Group Reviews?

Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Tour Group Reviews?

We had some difficulty in finding a place to review a Tour Operator. We've traveled repeatedly with Trafalgar Tours and have comments that may be of assistance to others, particularly those with physical disabilities.

Our previous tour in May 2018 took us to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. We have already reviewed the hotels on the trip, but it would be beneficial to add an additional review about the issues we had, not only with the Travel Director, but the view Trafalgar Tour Group expressed to us with regarding their inflexibility for those with disabilities. Not to say that everything about the Tour Operator would be negative, but there are issues that others in a wheelchair or with physical disabilities might want to be made aware of before booking with them. If we had known certain mandatory "policies" they enforce before booking, we most certainly would have reconsidered and possibly gone with another Tour Operator, sad to say. Thanks for opportunity to express this.

6 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18,064 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Tour Group Reviews?

Hello

You could consider writing a Trip Report of your groups’ experiences with Trafalgar Tours in the Travelling With Disabilities Forum.

Here’s link to it.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i…

I would reccommend you put “ Group Tour Report” , the name of the Tour Operator , the tour name, and the commencement date, in your forum post, so it’s relevant to other people who might be thinking of doing the same tour.

The Travelling WIth Disabilities Forum is lively, helpful, friendly and very supportive of people with all kinds of disabilities.

Regards

Mon

2. Re: Tour Group Reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 August 2018, 03:27

So Cal
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Tour Group Reviews?

TA did recently begin listings of multi-day tours (previously, only single day tours were eligible), but I don't know if this sort of tour is what they have in mind. The only ones I've seen have been tours in a single place, e.g. river rafting trips, fishing trips, treks through a park, etc. I don't know if multi-city tours qualify, but I don't see them specifically prohibited. They should be listed under the city the tour starts from, so I would search for it there, and if there's nothing, add them and see if they're accepted. (I wouldn't include a review until you know whether the listing is up or not.)

Tour company listing guidelines are here: https:/…227877348

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
35,114 posts
111 reviews
4. Re: Tour Group Reviews?

It would be such a tricky one to review as the tours can be adjusted, accommodation changed, policy changed with each one for the same operator so not sure how reliable they would be over even a relatively short time.

I think a Trip Report as Mondial mentioned would be a good idea. You may be able to answer any imediate questions but where you would locate it I'm not sure as you covered 3 countries.

Again it would have to appeal to people who wanted to go to those same cities so a narrow group of readers.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,514 posts
3,417 reviews
5. Re: Tour Group Reviews?

WCC,

Your proposal has merit

Edited: 18 August 2018, 20:30
Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Tour Group Reviews?

That's a helpful suggestion, Mondial...much appreciated. :) Someone else had suggested finding a Trafalgar Tours Facebook Page and writing our feedback. It's certainly not our purpose to gripe or whine over minor situations, but we feel our feedback may be of assistance to others with disabilities, making them aware of what they may have to deal with when booking a Tour with this particular group.

Trafalgar Tours received our feedback, and our Travel Agency was given the details of issues as a result of a disability situation. We're confident that our particular Travel Agent (who is amazing!) will pass on our experience ('warn' other travelers, especially those with any type of disability) about the lack of compassion that unnecessarily hindered what should have been (after the amount of money we shelled out!) an excellent experience, not one that instilled trepidation or put a knot in our stomachs each day. Just to note: It wasn't the agenda or countries in question; a problem stemmed from the unbending Trafalgar policies regarding the disabled.

Thanks for the responses...every little bit helps.

Edited: 28 August 2018, 13:58
Reply to: Tour Group Reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted