We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

I put an honest review on Trip Advisor and Owner made fun of it and tried to discredit my views and lied in his reply.After investigating I found that he did that a number of times before.I did not realise that Airbnb had arrangements with Motels and thought I was booking a B & B not motel. Also there are only positive reviews not negative ones.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

Thanks for sharing

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
143 reviews
2. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

There are several issues you covered and I'm not sure where the crossovers are but from my reading of your post I can say that TripAdvisor will always allow a reply from the business owner to any reviews. It will always be a case of "he said, she said" but if you find the reply to be offensive then you can report it. At the end of the day, if the overall weight of the reviews are negative then people will take note no matter how much the owner make fun of the reviewers. My question to you is, did you read the reviews of this property on TripAdvisor before you booked? Probably didn't know it was a motel...

Secondly, Airbnb is a third party service provider/agent. They don't own the property so if an owner wants to be tricky about their listing then Airbnb will not know until someone reports them. That is an issue you need to take up with Airbnb. Not sure you reference to "only good reviews" is on Airbnb or TripAdvisor. I'd be surprised if it was on TA but we have had post where people have stay in properties that don't match the Airbnb reviews or it is more like an shortened versions that only talk about "lovely hosts" but the accommodation was actually subpar but not mentioned.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,958 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

I'm a bit baffled too. How did you review an Airbnb rental on TripAdvisor? You review Airbnb rentals on Airbnb.

What place did you review?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
143 reviews
4. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

@Luigi, I think the OP ended up stay at a motel (sold as Airbnb) so he reviewed the motel on TA.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
62 reviews
5. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

There is no evidence of such a review

https:/…gfygfygfygfy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
143 reviews
6. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

Very curious, indeed. Unless he took the review down.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,167 posts
66 reviews
7. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

Not sure about the review, but any thread title that could potentially spike Amcor's share price is fine by me 😂

I think AirBnB are responsible for Area 51 also

Edited: 05 August 2018, 07:57
Margate, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

Did not know I was booking a Motel. If I did could have saved $15 per night. I Stayed 6 nights. After night one was promised an upgrade. Not delivered. Host ridiculed me on Airbnb and Trip Advisor. Airbnb refunded me $100 for the experience I had. They still list the property.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,958 posts
77 reviews
9. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

Hi Terry, are you also gfygfygfy?

It's not unusual for a motel (or any other accommodation place) to offer different prices on different websites. It's up to you to do a good enough search to discover the best price on offer.

Margate, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Dishonest Owners & Airbnb collusion.

I had used Airbnb 4 times before and was expecting a better experience then I received. I would have used Booking.Com or similar if I was after a motel. I Will be careful next time.