We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new reviews

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
64 posts
279 reviews
Save Topic
new reviews

Wondering when TA will get its act together on first reviews. I have tried to add several businesses to TA. While they are pending I notice that instead of TA listing it "name of place/ city" they list it as "city/city". So I go back and delete the review as it is useless the way TA categorizes it. I can count at least 8 reviews this has happened to. I will no longer add new businesses to TA until they address this issue.

2 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
822 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new reviews

I just added this magnificent Gothic Revival Church in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, last week. I submitted it for listing, and, unlike others, I always add a review to go with the submittal.

So, at first it went into “pending”, and I could still read my review. Then, my review disappeared (of course, I always keep a copy). Then four days later they showed Lebanon/Lebanon, which is the city/city you are talking about. That remained like that for 2-3 days, and then everything got sorted out. I added my photos (once everything was properly correct), and now, everything is accurate.

You have to have patience, and wait it out, but if they accept it, it will be correct at the end. What a shame that you keep deleting those reviews, thinking that TA is messing up. The entire process takes some time, and one must not assume that things are not being done properly.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,966 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new reviews

It takes up to 8 weeks to create a listing. Then it's another 24-48 hours for it to be synced to the destination page.

Finally, many experienced members submit a review. Some folks will have submitted a review at the same time as requesting a new listing. Waiting for everything to sync up is the wise thing to do.

Asking for any changes or resubmitting during the process just gums up the works. Don't do anything until everything is created correctly.

Note that the Support Forum is the usual place to ask other members for help with issues on the website.

Reply to: new reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted