We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opening support ticket

6 posts
Save Topic
opening support ticket

I was trying to review a property I'd visited that turns out not to be listed. I wanted to let the webmaster know that a Motel 6 now existed in Lomita. Nothing that I clicked took me to anything where I could report this. When I clicked the one link where I could supposedly do that and put in the property name and location, I received a response of "property not found". Well duh! In one forum I found a link that supposedly led to a page where I could file a support ticket. No luck: all it had was the FAQ page which I'd already searched that lacked a solution. Please, if you don't want new listings or to have people open support tickets, don't waste their time and say so directly.

6 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,466 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opening support ticket

You can use this direct link to request a new listing: www.tripadvisor.com/AddListing

The same link is provided after you search for the property on the Write a Review page: www.tripadvisor.com/userreview

Edited: 22 August 2017, 07:00
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: opening support ticket

Thank-you for your prompt reply. From this link, which looked different from the other, I could enter some information, but in Safari the information I put in kept disappearing. I tried in Chrome. I was able to enter it all, though several amenities I had checked disappeared and I had to re-enter them. However when I clicked submit, after a brief "waiting for TripAdvisor", the screen now has a grey overlay that has not disappeared in 5 min.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opening support ticket

I want to open a new review for car hire in Spain. I have tried to do this using links, but I keep getting directed to pages that do not help. How can I alert people to the rip off practices by car hire companies?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
23,054 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opening support ticket

KB O,

Tripadvisor does not list car hire companies for us to review. In some of their listing guideline requirements, under "Restrictions" they say they don't list car hire :-

https:/…200614767

Many car hire companies are mentioned on the travel forums. Did you know that Tripadvisor has hundreds of travel forums for us members to use? Here's the forums homepage link below. If you type the name of that Spanish car hire company into the all forums search box you may find it already has forum topics about it. You can read through them, and maybe add your experience in a reply to one of those existing topics - https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: opening support ticket

Thank you, I have posted my request

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
23,054 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: opening support ticket

KB O,

There might be a misunderstanding here. I see you have now posted on the Spain forum asking if there is a forum for car hire firm reviews. No there isn't a specific forum just for reviews of car hire firms.

What I mean above was to search all the forums using that main search box and adding your experiences onto existing topics about the specific firm you used (as you have not mentioned the name of the car hire firm I can't point you directly to existing topics about them). If you have done a search for that companies name and have not found it mentioned in any forum, then go to the forum for the city or town where you hired the car and start a new topic detailing your experiences.

Reply to: opening support ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted