We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

Dumaguete City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

I will be searching for a site that does not cave in to every whiney complaint from biz owners.

46 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,962 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

How do you explain those thousands of one and two dot reviews that are on TripAdvisor?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,496 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

Good for you and rightfully so ! How can anyone possibly believe anything on TripAdvisor when there isn't a single negative review on the site.

What a bunch of "caca del toro" !

You obviously submitted a review that clearly violated the review guidelines. Sour grapes is what I see !

I challenge you to post your submitted review on in this forum thread. I'll be happy to pint out the violations, as will many other "regulars" of this forum.

Best Regards

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

You appear to have recently joined Trip Advisor and have started posting reviews without fully reading or understanding the guidelines.

At the time of writing you have four published reviews and six pending. Two of the four published ones are two dot reviews.

One starts by challenging TA with " We will see how long negative reviews last on this site. (once deleted I will not contribute again)."

The other reviews two separate restaurants under one listing.

Both are likely to be removed because you didn't follow the guidelines. You describe yourself as highly educated - well educate yourself in the ways of TA and you will have no problem getting reviews published.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

I personally like to hang out on sites that don't give in to every "whiney complaint" from newbie reviewers...

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
46,117 posts
1,480 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

I would start here: https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

I would read the material in that link, as many times as it took, for me to understand.

Then, as there can be gray areas, if I had a question, I would post here, so that others could help to clarify things for me.

Good luck,

Hunt

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,423 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

+1 TBNY!

damyhije, I asusme you believe you've sent a message to TA, but you haven't. You've posted on a public forum, and, if I might say so, made yourself look a bit silly in the process.

But I expect you've already left so you won't see this anyway.

England, United...
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

Sorrry, folks, but the OP's profile statement made me laugh out loud when assessed against his debut forum post....

Tucson Arizona
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
703 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

The OP definitely started off on the wrong foot here.

It seems that before he even started reviewing, he is threatening TripAdvisor in his profile. Then in his second review, he repeats those threats. As OP, he re-repeats the threat that he will leave.

Why do that? No one has forced you to join TA, and no one has held a gun to your head to write a review. Why come on here with such a sorry negative attitude? You are doing a disservice to no one, but yourself.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

Since when do we have the power to delete negative reviews?

England, United...
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses

damihijye

Here, let me help you..

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

From your profile statement, to comments in your reviews, to your threats in your forum debut, it looks like TA isn't really suitable for your needs, and I'm not convinced TA members who use and enjoy the site needs your attitude either.

It might have been a good idea to find out a little bit about TA before you started lashing out with nonsensical and spurious allegations, but since you won't be hanging around any more, I bid you farewell..

Reply to: You delete legitimate negative reviews and then give excuses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted