We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New listings

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
New listings

Two new businesses in the area I am staying were sent two weeks ago however they still aren't showing and I've received no notifications. Any idea anyone?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,314 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: New listings

It can often be as long as 6-8 weeks for a submission to be examined and approved for listing- the old verbiage saying 5 days is completely outdated information. No notifications of progress are sent in the interim- just finally an e-mail saying it has been approved or mot approved. Approved listings take another 2-3 days after that to actually go live with the link provided working. I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient- some do occur sooner- but you can't count on it and no way to check on it or hurry it along. Do not resubmit- that slows things down even more.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
2. Re: New listings

OMG how on earth aRe you supposed to remember clearly what when and how lol

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,314 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: New listings

Not sure I understand your concern- but many here suggest writing your review in Word or a similar program right after your trip while your impressions are fresh and saving it and then copy pasting it in as needed when the listing is up. You can also include the review in your listing request- but that is generally not the best idea in the opinion of many. Better to keep the request and the review separate

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
4. Re: New listings

Lululoo my concern is for travellers to have up to date information , isn't that what TA is about ?!?!?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,576 posts
1,800 reviews
5. Re: New listings

I also record notes, to help with writing my Reviews.

For previously Listed properties, one can do Reviews from the road. For new properties, there is a lg, in getting Listed. TA takes pains to verify aspects of the New Listing submissions.

Good luck,

Hunt

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,114 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: New listings

Submissions for new listings are made all the time. There will be a queue of some kind. When your request gets to the front of the queue it gets full attention. IMO, reviews posted within the last year are up to date.

7. Re: New listings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2017, 10:46