We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Link to newly reviewed place does not work

Reinach, Switzerland
Level Contributor
63 posts
519 reviews
Save Topic
Link to newly reviewed place does not work

I wrote a review for a new place not listed in TA. THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GOT. THE LINK DOES NOT WORK:-

We’re excited to tell you that your listing request has been approved and is on our site for everyone to see.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-d10635311

If you were a guest, we’re eager to see your contributions for this listing. Click the link above, then click on Write a Review.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to let the TripAdvisor community know about Hiszteria Cremeria.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,876 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

You need to wait 24-48 hours for the link to work. Just be patient. It'll work.

Reinach, Switzerland
Level Contributor
63 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

Patience is a virtue! I should be more virtuous!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,876 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

LOL !! Not your fault. Those emails are coming out ahead of time now. We know because we spend too much time on these forums :-)

Reinach, Switzerland
Level Contributor
63 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

Thanks for taking the time to let me know. You are an awesome contributor.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,103 posts
1,740 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

Frank,

There does seen to be a lag, all too frequently.

Many have suggested that TA change the mechanics a bit, so that places get onto TA BEFORE the e-mails go out.

You are not alone,

Hunt

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

It seems like it would be trivial to just change the wording of the email to indicate that the new link will be live on all the servers within 48 hours (or whatever is realistic to say).

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
822 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

For me, it's taken just about one week from announcement to link actually working for all my new listings.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
8,927 posts
1,707 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

The time lag for new sites to be listed for reviews is more like 4-5 days, in my experience. Check back daily till the listing shows up. Until then you get a sort of error notice (404).

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,567 posts
6,434 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

Hello Frank M

A quick word of advice!

TA recently changed the layout of the new listing request functionality. It is more user-friendly but there are problems that TA engineers are needing to fix. A major problem at the moment is that reviews submitted along with new listing requests are lost during the approval process. They simply disappear into the TA abyss, regardless if the new listing is approved or not. Sadly, this has happened to me three consecutive times in the past couple of weeks.

I mention this as it is important to save a copy of any review you provide as part of requesting a new listing on TA for the time being. The listing may be approved but they are having trouble at the moment keeping their hands on reviews submitted at the same time. Mine, have been lost three times now and I've had to resubmit after the new listing has been approved and uploaded to the TA system.

I would also suggest that if you request new listings on TA, that for the time being, don't submit a review as well. Wait for the new listing to be approved and available for general access. Then submit your review. This way you don't waste time having reviews lost from the system.

Edited: 28 July 2016, 07:42
Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
8,927 posts
1,707 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Link to newly reviewed place does not work

Simple remedy is to wait on submitting your review until after the new place is approved by TA. That's what I've been doing for the past couple of months with good results and no losses.