We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Responses to inquiries, Flip Key #228168

Vista, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Responses to inquiries, Flip Key #228168

Please note that I respond in timely fashion to 100% of my inquiries. I do it outside of Flip Key, as the methods used by responding through Flip Key are not compatible with my response policies and methods. Further, the policy of retaining funds from renters until after arrival is not acceptable, nor is it competitive with the fund transfer policies of VRBO and HomeAway, both of which I use.

Thanks you,

Don Kolasinski

Savannah Sunset House

www.vrbo.com/259705

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p269012

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,361 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Responses to inquiries, Flip Key #228168

This is TripAdvisor, the travel site, and a forum to provide feedback and suggestions to improve members' experiences. I'm a member and don't work for TripAdvisor.

It is not a forum for vacation rental owners, and it is not an effective way of contacting TripAdvisor staff either. If you have issues with Flipkey (a Tripadvisor Inc. company different than this site), you need to take them up with them. If you have issues with VRBO or any other vacation rental site, you also need to take them up with them.

I must add that if "Flip Key are not compatible with my response policies and methods." you shouldn't list with them. You respond outside the system, if I were a traveler interested in renting your place, I would ignore your response. If I contact you via Flipkey, I expect a reply via Flipkey.

Vista, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Responses to inquiries, Flip Key #228168

What you did not know until now, was the admonition that I was not properly responsive, etc., came from Trip Advisor, not Flip Key! I responded to Trip Advisor, since they chose to initiate this notice instead of their own company that has my property listing (!). I handle all of my VRBO/HomeAway issues with that organization. All of my 2016 Flip Key inquiries have turned to bookings OUTSIDE of their system after I had complaints about Flip Key's system from guests in 2015. Flip Key would hold their deposits and not notify me that they were holding it! It was only because a guest party reached out to me and asked if I had received the deposit that we both found out that FlipKey had it without notifying me. It was then that Flip Key advised me that their policy is not to release rental funds until 24 hours after arrival of the guest party. If you were me, you would also be dismayed. So I complained to Flip Key. Deaf ear. Now I get notices from Trip Advisor about my Flip Key account? Say WHAT? My guests can rent through Flip Key if they wish. I just offer them the option to deal with me directly (cheaper) and thus far, all have chosen that method.

3. Re: Responses to inquiries, Flip Key #228168

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2017, 11:47