We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
267 reviews
Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

I'm not a teenager who needs their ego stroked - who cares about 18,000 pointless points? Is there ANY way I could get a tangible thank you - not to people who like their property!! Conflict of interest! But if I could turn 18K helpful points into a free night sometime...... Could a hotel or airline offer a bonus just for total points, regardless of where they are from? That would not be unethical. I do a lot of posting and I like to be helpful, but I am also human, and a gift brightens the day. NO need to argue with me; don't have time. Just a thought for the future.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,814 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

But it would be unethical. You see, since TA doesn't fact-check reviews, people would simply write more fake reviews or get all their friends to register and vote up their reviews. I am firmly against rewards for reviews. Too easy to abuse.

So Cal
Level Contributor
12,238 posts
75 reviews
2. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

Let's see, how much would you have to spend here to make it worthwhile for TA for pay for this?

And how much do you already spend here?

Hm.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,622 posts
3. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

"I do a lot of posting, and like to be helpful" - this is your first and only posting on the forums. If you like being helpful then why not help out on some of the Travel forums on here. Many of us gain enjoyment from that, which is a reward in itself.

Here is the main forums homepage to explore if you would like to help, answer questions, ask questions to plan your trips - it's all free -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

If by posting you actually mean writing reviews then I'm not in favour of paying/rewarding reviewers in some way.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,561 posts
478 reviews
4. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

I am totally against rewards of any sort for writing reviews. It would just be the end of this site.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,814 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

What would a review of a closed restaurant be worth, just out of curiosity?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,331 posts
842 reviews
6. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

Unless contributions could be verified (prove that you have actually been somewhere) then you'll have a lot of people writing reviews or other contributions just to increase their post count without even traveling anywhere. There is already enough of this around here.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,661 posts
7. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

18,00 points is nothing,really nothing,I have over 400,000 points and that was after removing over 800 reviews.

your 18,000 points are worth exactly the same as my 400,000 point and the many millions of points other folk have...............................Nothing!

8. Re: Could Trip Advisor allow vendors/properties to reward

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2017, 10:46