We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Incorrect Category change rejected

Temora, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Incorrect Category change rejected

Well, I am quite annoyed with TripAdvisor today.

You are asking people to " Help make us better".

So, when I saw a Hotel/Restaurant listed as an "attraction" instead of a Restaurant/Hotel, I decided to notify TripAdvisor of the Category error.

Imagine my sock when I received a response stating that my suggestion did not meet guidelines.

Why advertise a pub/restaurant as an "attraction", when it is CLEARLY a pub/hotel with a restaurant in it?

So Cal
Level Contributor
12,057 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Incorrect Category change rejected

Is the hotel/pub already listed under the hotels and/or restaurants categories? Is it a historic site, does it have a museum or history room, does it give tours etc? If so, then yes, it does qualify to be listed under Attractions. Reviews about the tour/museum/whatever would go under its Attractions listing. Reviews about food would go under its Restaurants listing. Reviews about an overnight stay would go under its Hotels listing.

Temora, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Incorrect Category change rejected

Hi,

If there were any historical or museum issues, then I would not be commenting.

It is just a standard pub with a restaurant. :)

3. Re: Incorrect Category change rejected

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 April 2016, 00:35
4. Re: Incorrect Category change rejected

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2017, 10:47