We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not receiving password reset email :( Please Help

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Not receiving password reset email :( Please Help

I've tried this a few times over the past few months. I never receive the email from Tripadvisor. I've verified that the email address is working. Others can send to it.

Options like this

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7499305

telling me to use support to get help, don't work because support links now require us to LOGIN to even get to the support page. ...Especially annoying for login/password problems.

Any ideas?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,892 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not receiving password reset email :( Please Help

You need to use this form: www.tripadvisor.com/generalsupport

Click on My User Account. You'll see some questions populating in the center of your screen. Select these for answers: Account Details > Merge Two Accounts.

You'll get a comments box where you can explain your password issue, and also ask for your two accounts to be merged as only one account per person is allowed.

It'll be really nice if TripAdvisor could figure out some simpler way of retrieving a password and contact them if it doesn't arrive. Honestly, having to create a new account to be able to contact them is a disaster.

I've been lucky, though, I asked twice for new passwords a couple of weeks ago, and go their email in less than 30 seconds.

2. Re: Not receiving password reset email :( Please Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions