We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A suggestion

Murray, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
A suggestion

I think it would be useful to require review ratings of poor or terrible to provide reasons that can be shared anonymously with the reviewer. I suspect all of us investing time in reviews want them to be useful and accurate. Information about why they might not be could contribute to that objective.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: A suggestion

I don't think I fully understand your suggestion. I think that all reviews, positive or negative, require explanation. It's the text of the review that matters as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps you could clarify what you're looking for.

Murray, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: A suggestion

Perhaps I just don't know where to look. What I see is a bar graph that shows Excellent, Very Good, Good, poor and Terrible. I'll go back and see if I can dig deeper, but it wasn't obvious to me how (I can be slow on the uptake).

Murray, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: A suggestion

Ok, I've gone back to investigate and have concluded that I misinterpreted the bar graph meaning. Sorry for the frivolous suggestion. :-)

4. Re: A suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2017, 10:47