We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No question - just a comment

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
No question - just a comment

I am taking a solo trip this summer and was agonizing over so much. I have some real anxiety and this trip is an effort to conquer some of those and just enjoy the journey. I only recently found this forum and it is making an amazing difference in my anxiety level. The responses have been incredibly helpful and people seem genuinely interested in helping to make a trip a memorable one. So, just me saying thank you. Very glad to have found these forums.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,438 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No question - just a comment

Nice words.

For all you folks who come on here demanding some payment or compensation for their contributions, THIS, is our reward, THIS is the joy we get, THIS is what we do for each other.

Enjoy your travels JMC, and come back and tell us how you went

Edited: 24 April 2016, 07:11
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,554 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No question - just a comment

I am so glad you are getting something from the travel forums. Many of us volunteer every day on various Tripadvisor forums, answering questions, giving advice and suggestions, calming people's nerves about particular worries they have about their upcoming trip. There are some great people hanging around the forums answering when they feel they can help. It's good to see you had positive experiences asking questions and interacting on the forums.

I hope you have saved or bookmarked the main forums homepage as there are many other forums on here. Some of the Beyond Destination forums are great -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Maybe I'll see you one day over on the Singapore forum or Bargain Travel forum. I hope you have safe travels.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,159 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No question - just a comment

Come on over to the Solo Travel Forum, also....

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i12357-Solo_Travel.html

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,819 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No question - just a comment

How nice for a change !

Thank-you !!

5. Re: No question - just a comment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 April 2016, 00:35
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,298 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No question - just a comment

Mary,

You can report the review using the flag on the bottom right corner of the review box. Let TripAdvisor know and they will take a look at the review.

Silvia

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,554 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No question - just a comment

Mary,

Did you report those reviews? That type of content may violate guidelines so you could look under any review for a "Report" link which has a pale grey coloured flag near it. It then says Problem with this Review. Choose from the options and the report goes to Staff. They take a look, and if it violates review guidelines it can be removed.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No question - just a comment

Thank you. I will do that. Have a great week!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No question - just a comment

Thank you for your quick response and advice. I appreciate it!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No question - just a comment

It looks as though the guy took his review off because I sent him a note saying his comments were inappropriate. Thanks for your information.

Get answers to your questions