We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review about service at a location.

Franklin, North...
11 posts
Review about service at a location.

I posted a review about a hotel and was told it was not approved. Per you guide lines, the review can be about their service. My review was based on their lack of service (they did not reply back to my emails- at all). So I do not understand why it was not approved. If your approved reviews are only for people that stayed at a hotel then that is not the showing the whole picture.

For me, if a business can not reply back to a person when that person contacts them through their contact process, then that is a lack of good service. I would want to know that in a review, which would help be in my selection to stay or not stay at their place.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,075 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Review about service at a location.

Hi wingam00;

Can you post a copy of the rejection email ?

Do you have a copy of your review ?

Can you post it here ?

Best Regards

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: Review about service at a location.

Wingam,

You've not reached a TA office, but an open member-driven forum intended for suggestions on how to improve the site. Your question should be submitted through the Help Center.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport-a…

From the drop-downs menus, select "Reviews," then "Status of my review," then "Not listed." Fill out the text boxes to direct your question to TA staff.

It sounds to me like your review was riding the ragged edge of a "customer experience." A stay is not required, but there has to be a significant interaction between the potential guest and the hotel. However, I'm not staff, so I can't say for sure.

Edited: 16 March 2016, 18:14
Franklin, North...
11 posts
3. Re: Review about service at a location.

Thank you for your Help.

I did search but could not find the correct spot for this issue.

Franklin, North...
11 posts
4. Re: Review about service at a location.

No copy of reject ed email because never got a reply to my 2 different email sent over a 2 week period.

Even posted on their web site.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,075 posts
103 reviews
5. Re: Review about service at a location.

So you PRESUME the review has been rejected.

Did you receive an automated "Thank-you for your review of ..." email ?

Have you looked in the "Contributions" area on your profile page to see if the review is showing as "Pending" ?

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,549 posts
6. Re: Review about service at a location.

You would write a bad review of a business because you got no reply whatsoever to an email? No consideration that your email might have landed in a junk or spam folder? Or that the recipient lives in an area with unreliable internet service? Or that they never received the email? I am sure that they have a phone and you could have called.

I think your review was rightly rejected. Sending an email does not constitute a significant experience with any business.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
84 reviews
7. Re: Review about service at a location.

Regarding #4, are you talking about emails from TripAdvisor, or from the hotel? The emails RT is talking about would be from TA. That being said, did you get an email citing a reason for the review being rejected? Or, could you have missed an email (again from TA) asking you to confirm that the review was yours? There are a lot of reasons a review could go missing.

That said, I tend to agree with lobomago in #6. If your review was rejected by TA, it's likely because it was not determined to have been a significant customer experience. Again, only staff can confirm this, as we are only regular members and have not seen the text of the review.

Franklin, North...
11 posts
8. Re: Review about service at a location.

My review was rejected by TA. No clear reason just stated did not meet the guidelines.

I am referring to emails sent to the business. I did thing the email may had not been received or went to junk/spam so I emailed them using their "Contact" web page on their own web site. I waited over 2 weeks for a reply from the first email sent and it has been over 2 weeks since the second email.

I did not call them since it is an overseas call and I do not have overseas call service.

It is hard to have significant customer experience if the business will not contact me back.

If the business was a small Mom and POP business, the I could understand more, but this is a large hotel.

Maybe they just do not want to see my pretty face. LOL

Thanks

Edited: 16 March 2016, 19:46
9. Re: Review about service at a location.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2017, 10:48