We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you assist me please?

Aptos, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Can you assist me please?

Hi,

Can you update the title of my review from "You mouth will start to water... to Your mouth will start to water... please?

I didn't type the "r" key hard enough and the review was posted and I cannot correct the error.

Thank you,

Gary

You mouth will start to water...

Manuel's Mexican Restaurant

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
68,681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you assist me please?

Unfortunately, no. No one can edit your review.

The options are

1) Leave it. Folks will figure out what you meant.

2) Save a copy of the review. Ask TripAdvisor to remove the review. Wait till it's gone from the website. Then resubmit with the corrected spelling.

---------

Note that the TripAdvisor Support forum is usually a better place to ask for assistance using the TA website. This forum is about suggesting improvements to the website.

Support: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Aptos, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you assist me please?

We're talking one letter. How difficult can the update be? It is a simple cure. We should have this option without removing the review. It would also be a way of improving the review should the person think of something they missed. Might be an idea to consider rather than to add more steps. Leave the option open for the reviewer. Improve your idea for others and give us a chance to improve our review.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,176 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you assist me please?

Hi

Please note the person who replied and myself and just users such as yourself

Allowing people to edit reviews has been suggested many times and TA do not appear interested in allowing it whether it be for one letter or to add an additional paragraph

YA does allow you to preview your review before hitting submit which is always a good idea. It is recommended that you compose reviews in the likes of Word where you can spell check it and leave it for a day or so to mull it over if you want before copying and pasting it into TA - that system works for me and it allows allows me to have a back up copy should anything go wrong

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
68,681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you assist me please?

>>How difficult can the update be?<<

You are welcome to contact TripAdvisor_Staff and ask them. This is a forum with regular members. You asked other members if any of us could change your review, and the answer is no, we can't.

Personally, I like the policy that TA has in place. It is simple and clear.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,556 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you assist me please?

A review is a snapshot of an experience or stay. Its not a running commentary where people can add on things a week later if they suddenly remember something. I think that is why Tripadvisor does not let us edit our reviews all the time. It would be never ending with some people.

If you write your review in Word on your home computer, leave it overnight, have a read through and fix any mistakes. Then cut and paste it into the review submission text box, Click "Preview" for a final read through and edit and see what it will look like once published. Submit. Done. That is so much quicker and easier than only noticing mistakes afterwards and having to request removal of the review and re-write/edit and re-submit.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you assist me please?

As I've posted on a different thread today, I believe that when TA originally decided not to allow editing, part of the reasoning was that editing would merely encourage reviewers to be hasty, and not take sufficient care over the content of their reviews. This was from the days when TA cared more about quality than they do now, and I'm pleased to see that they have not introduced the ability to edit reviews.

I'd like to see TA make it much clearer that a review can't be edited once submitted. But I feel it's much better to proof read and spell check a review before submitting it. Especially if it's going to bother the reviewer afterwards should they spot a typo.

7. Re: Can you assist me please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2017, 10:47