We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am asked to change My review

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
4 posts
108 reviews
I am asked to change My review

Hello

We recently checked out THE PLACE HOTEL , ISTANBUL and i left a review about this hotel.

From that day , the manager of the hotel called my mobile several times to ask why the rate is low.

As i never gave an unfair review and i believe the reviews are kind of guidance of other people i never change it.

i myself relied on other people's reviews and chose this place , it was a cool place but not as well as people gave over 9 levels. But Unfortunately i guess others were push to give high rate.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,395 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: I am asked to change My review

Hi shagha;

This forum, the “Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better!” forum, is for discussions and suggestions on ways to improve the TripAdvisor website, itself.

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Owners / managers are NOT to contact reviewers about the reviews of their accommodation, attraction or restaurant.

tripadvisor.com/help/businessrep_approached_…

Also, TripAdvisor does not condone owners / managers harassing, threatening, or bullying users about their reviews. To alert TA staff to this property’s behaviour, and express your concerns, you can use the “Contact Us” link in the Help Centre.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

In the first pull down menu, select “Reviews”. In the second pull down menu, select “Question about the guidelines”.

IMHO - An accommodation review is a snap-shot of your stay and your review should reflect the customer service you received at the time.

If your comments were a true reflection of the service you received at the time, you should leave your review as is.

Best Regards

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,351 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: I am asked to change My review

And should that manager call you again , I'd answer it one more time just to tell him if he doesn't cease, you will report the calls to Trip Advisor, which will penalize his property for his behavior.. If the calls continue after that warning, report him. and never answer a call from him after that.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,484 posts
478 reviews
3. Re: I am asked to change My review

I wouldn't even do that. I'd just report it now and not answer any more calls without any warning.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,351 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: I am asked to change My review

My thinking is that it may take TA some time to penalize the business and the calls may continue, but telling him the possible consequence may stop them.

I will say that I had two threatening contacts from owners in the 10 years I have posted here and after notifying TA there was no further problem almost instantly- but I can't say for sure they are always that efficient in following up.

If the owner knows you know how to deal with it and plan to do it, that in itself could stop it , it seems to me..

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
23 posts
309 reviews
5. Re: I am asked to change My review

Pressured to change your review? Wow that takes some nerve by the Manager. A reviewer posts as they see fit, if the manager doesn't like it they should fix the problems noted, not bug the reviewer to change their review.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
4 posts
108 reviews
6. Re: I am asked to change My review

Yes exactly , while we wanted to check out , he asked if everything was ok and we would give a good review !

This hotel has a high rate that encouraged us to go there now i see why they have this rating

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
4 posts
108 reviews
7. Re: I am asked to change My review

Thank you Lulutoo

Edited: 08 January 2016, 06:56
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,418 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: I am asked to change My review

Not sure why the owner thought the rating Low, as you have given it four dots. Personally, given the minuses quoted in the body of your review, I'd have given it three dots or possibly even two.

Just a note, I also saw a review you posted where you referred to "the Indian receptionist". Just so you know, this could be construed by the owner as a racist slur and s/he could successfully appeal to TripAdvisor to have the review removed. The receptionist's country of origin is irrelevant. If you don't want to risk your reviews being successfully appealed against by savvy owners you should avoid this kind of language.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,460 posts
66 reviews
9. Re: I am asked to change My review

it's important to be knowledgeable about the difference betweeen a simple adjective describing a nationality and a racial put down. An Italian chef is a description, end of. Someone reporting that would find TA staff leaving it alone.

A racial slur must contain a statement of a race or culture being superior or inferior to another, must contain a statement about inherent (biological) differences (superior, inferior) between one race and another, must contain hatred. Otherwise the use of race or ethnic words is, thankfully, only a description - an adjective or a noun.

The world has gone crazy, claiming racism left, right and centre, when other terms might be more accurate, like discrimination, like preferential treatment, like overlooked. It would only be racism if these three occurred because of race but not because of age, gender, looks, or lack of credentials. Or mentioning the nationality of the chef or hotel shuttle driver. It might even be a compliment. I can only think that TA know the difference and would ignore a report of any of the OP's reviews as racist, as they are not.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,484 posts
478 reviews
10. Re: I am asked to change My review

Sometimes, there is implied criticism and implied racism in mentioning the nationality of an employee. Sometimes it; hard to tell if this is intentional or not. I tend to try and avoid mentioning anything personal about a member of staff except how they do their job, so as to avoid misunderstandings.

I do, however, agree with YorkFoodie that nationality is usually irrelevant, and so my personal view is that there is often an underlying agenda if such a thing is mentioned. This may be positive as well as negative, of course.