We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wrong location of new location

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
wrong location of new location

I wrote a review about Kasbah Boulaouane, it was first review of this and I had to fill the form between other about the place. I filled it right, that this kasbah is in Morocco, in city Boulaouane. Then when my review was published I saw that it is on wrong place on TA map. I wrote to TA, got message that they are sorry, that such happen quite often and that they will correct it. But still it is located in Indiana, USA, not in Morocco. Strange. I tried to report wrong place again, but suddenly I cannot find where to do it, even if I found it earlier.

So I wonder how to ask TA to correct the place. It is quite important, so people in USA not think that this kasbah is there in Indiana somewhere LOL.

Here you can look how it is tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g37347-d88…

Edited: 24 December 2015, 03:31
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,278 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wrong location of new location

How did you write to TripAdvisor, via the Help Center? If so, go back to the Help Center. Click on Your Tickets on the upper right corner of your screen.

In the next page wth your ticket, open the ticket you sent with the wrong location. At the bottom, there'll be a box for you to type your issue. Do that and the ticket will be re-opened.

If you didn't contact TripAdvisor via the Help Center the first time, then do it now. Go to www.tripadvisor.com/generalsupport Click on Report a Business. Then select Update Business Information.

Silvia

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wrong location of new location

Thanks so much, now I found it, perfect.

Merry Christmas ☺

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,278 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wrong location of new location

You're welcome! Merry Christmas to you too !

Silvia

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wrong location of new location

Hello Khamlia. I have also reported this incorrect listing via the Help Centre. Firstly TA said that I had to go to the HUMTAB forum if I had suggestions. When I wrote back querying this and telling them that this was wrong, they said I had to be an owner to get changes to listings. This is plainly nonsense.

I opened another ticket in the hope of getting someone sensible to put the attraction in Morocco and not the USA and had an email this morning to say that this has been passed on to some editors for their consideration. Let's hope they just get on with it.

Edited: 25 December 2015, 00:15
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wrong location of new location

Mishmisha, I got also this from TA, but it is the same as I got a month ago and the not did nothing, LOL:

"Thanks for contacting TripAdvisor and thank you for your suggestion about our attraction listings! We’ll pass your thoughts along to our site editors to review. Over the years, we’ve implemented major changes to TripAdvisor based upon feedback just like yours"

But as you said, let's hope they get on with it ☺

Edited: 25 December 2015, 01:39
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wrong location of new location

Let's hope they don't take "over the years" to change this incorrect information!

7. Re: wrong location of new location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2016, 10:48