We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Responding to an Owner's Response

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
107 reviews
Save Topic
Responding to an Owner's Response

I received a very negative response to my review of a restaurant by the owner. I need to know how to respond since he all but called me a liar, immature, and my reviews weren't creditable. He also didn't check his facts before responding to my review since I had called the restaurant (it was carry out) and discussed my issues but they were less than willing to correct the issue or even apologize.

I would like to be able to let him know he was incorrect in his response to my review and he should not be able to be disrespectful or call names because he doesn't like someone's review.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Responding to an Owner's Response

--"I need to know how to respond"

You don't. Each side gets one shot. The only thing you can do is flag the response as inappropriate if you believe it violates guidelines. However, TA doesn't fact-check reviews or MRs for accuracy.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Responding to an Owner's Response

What did you expect the owner to do? You didn't even have the courtesy to get the name of the restaurant right and resorted to a juvenile play on his name. "I went ahead and stopped at Weinerburger for a gyro only to be disappointed and scammed out of $10! " The name of the restaurant is Weinberger's Deli. Any time you post a review the owner has the right to respond any way they want as long as they do not violate the guidelines.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Responding to an Owner's Response

I found your review much more childish and inappropriate than the owner's understandably offended reply.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,536 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Responding to an Owner's Response

The review is snippy and so is the MR.

IMNSHO, both should be binned, then long forgotten,

However, can't see any guideline violations meself, so likely, both will stand...

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,390 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Responding to an Owner's Response

I'm sorry Katherine, but I have more sympathy for the owner on this occasion. I did find your review a little childish, and I feel that it's far better if no one resorts to juvenile name calling, but in this case, you did it first. Respect works both ways in my book.

6. Re: Responding to an Owner's Response

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2016, 10:47