We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

DeWitt, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
664 reviews
Save Topic
Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

I have done about 400 reviews, and I want to know before writing a new review for it whether I've previously reviewed a restaurant, hotel or attraction. I want to see if what I said previously still is accurate based on more recent experience (in which case doing another review is a waste of time, and redundant). In the new format, when I click on contributions, it brings up a tediously long list that is eight screens long and neither sortable nor searchable, so my only option is to grind through the whole lousy list looking for what I need. Isn't there a better way to find whether I've reviewed something previously, and if so, see that review? If not, shouldn't there be?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
68,759 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

When I review something for the second or third time, I click "Write a Review" on the property / attraction page. The first message I get from TripAdvisor is a message box that says

-----

Hi, welcome back.

If you've visited PropertyABC again since your last review, you may review it again

Read your previous review(s) of PropertyABC:

"Title 2" {hyperlinked to most recent review}

"Title 1" {hyperlinked to first review}

-----

So it's easy to see that I have indeed reviewed the property or attraction in the past and to read my previous reviews.

I am using the full TripAdvisor website on a PC, not the mobile app.

Edited: 15 September 2015, 18:39
DeWitt, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
664 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

Thanks, but could you explain this a little better for me? I know that I can always do a second review, but I have limited time and would not want to spend it doing a second review if it wouldn't say anything new or different from the previous one. So the question is, how can I find out whether I even did a first review at all without manually searching through eight screens of contributions list?

I do all my reviews on the full PC versions, as do you.

USA
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

Joe, try writing a second review of a place you know you have already reviewed and you will see what PacificNWFamily is talking about.

(I hate the review list, too.)

DeWitt, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
664 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

Sorry, forget my previous message. I didn't understand it at first, but I get it now. Thanks for the help.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
68,759 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

Glad it makes sense to you now. Maybe I need another cup of coffee (it's still early on the West Coast) to make my explanations more clear.

Happy Reviewing!

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

The one good thing - the only good thing - about the old Annoying Tiles Page was the ability to sort contributions by location. I.e. you were able to drill down to a city and see a list of all the reviews you posted to hotels/restaurants/attractions in that city. Although I don't mourn that page, I do miss the sort-by-location option.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,341 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

You can still do that on your Travel Map, Jenazz. Click on a location, and it'll open all contributions for that city.

Silvia

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

Thanks! And dang it. Now I'll have to look at that map.

9. Re: Need a faster way to see if I did a review previously

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2016, 09:47