We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underwhelmed with GetaRoom

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Underwhelmed with GetaRoom

I posted this on your Facebook page on July 30th. (No Response)

I'm a huge fan of Trip Advisor but my first experience booking a Salt Lake City hotel room through TA with GetaRoom was underwhelming. The room price was great and the app interface easy to use but after putting in my credit card information and hitting submit, I received two booking errors. Third time was the charm and I received my confirmation code and receipt. Twenty minutes later, I arrived at my hotel and they had not received my GetaRoom reservation yet. The front desk told me to sit and hang out for a while until they received it. It finally came through via fax(?) but must say it was a weird experience. I am a fan of Trip Advisor but regardless of my love for you guys, I'm not inclined to use this travel booking option again.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,024 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Underwhelmed with GetaRoom

This forum is a user forum like the others. It is unlikely that you will get a response from TripAdvisor here.

As I read this, you showed up at a hotel 20 minutes after making a third-party online booking? I think it's not at all unusual that they would not yet have a record of it in their reservations system.

Have you tried to do that with other third-party booking sites and had success with the reservation being instantly transmitted to the hotel and the hotel's reservations systems automatically updated within minutes?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underwhelmed with GetaRoom

Thank you for your message. Maybe 20 minutes is not a fair amount of time using a third-party provider. I am always thinking the web and instantaneous. The two errors trying to finalize the transaction is something TA will need to figure out.

3. Re: Underwhelmed with GetaRoom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions