We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's going on?

Ayrshire, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
What's going on?

Hello, I use TA alot and have made a new account to post in this forum.

What's going on with the Ayr listings?

1. D'vinity and Savoy have both been closed for some time yet remain in the top ten - this must be very annoying for tourists - does no one check these things any more??

2. The Coffee & Tea sub-section makes no sense at all: for example, Costa COFFEE (albeit it only has 4 reviews) remains listed as a restaurant while Smiths BAR is under Coffee & Tea...?????

3. Surely a CAFE/ COFFEE SHOP section would be more appropriate and could incorporate the likes of Baguette to Go, Cafe Le Monde and Quattro Venti? Not that I have anything against these places, far from it, however, they are listed as the TOP THREE RESTAURANTS in Ayr. While the likes of Vito's, Stage Door, Rupee Room etc (i.e actual restaurants which serve dinner, get pushed down the list)

What do you think?

Maryland
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's going on?

Your points are very valid, however they will just get lost here and accomplish little if anything.

I suggest you re-post the above on the Tripadvisor Help Us Make Tripadvisor Better Forum & the Tripadvisor Support Forum where it may have more impact.

If you go to Tripadvisor Beyond Destinations Forums you will see the long list.

Welcome to the Forum !

Sunny

Edited: 04 August 2015, 19:00
Ayrshire, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's going on?

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I know what you mean - I guess I just wanted to see if others were in agreement as it bugs me every time I come on.

I will try that!

Crathie
Level Contributor
982 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's going on?

I've tried to get a couple of places near to me removed from TA because I know they have closed for good and ceased trading. They are now listed as "Closed" on TA and all reviews have been taken down, but their very presence is annoying. Why continue to list them if they are permanently closed? Perhaps my word is not good enough, although it always has been in the past.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,036 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's going on?

TripAdvisor have to treat reports of places closing down with caution. Several such reports have been made maliciously.

Crathie
Level Contributor
982 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's going on?

>> TripAdvisor have to treat reports of places closing down with caution. Several such reports have been made maliciously. <<

Well that would explain it :-(

6. Re: What's going on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2016, 10:48