We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EV charging stations

Whittier...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
EV charging stations

I plan on getting a Tesla X this year, and i know that i will be looking for hotels, and vacation spots,etc. that have EV charging stations, and will probably plan my trips according to them, would be nice to have a guide to list those charging stations so i could plan in advance.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EV charging stations

There's been a long-running thread on this. TA can add it if they want to, but I really don't think they're equipped to handle keeping the information accurate and up to date. I think using the AAA app/website would yield much better results.

Edited: 11 March 2015, 02:03
Whittier...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EV charging stations

Thanks for the suggestion

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EV charging stations

For the money you'll be shelling out, I'd expect Tesla to provide you with a list/app, and update you regularly.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,177 posts
1,101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EV charging stations

Hello Paul A and welcome to the forums. Should you feel adventurous, if you click on the link below, you will go directly to the thread that exterior_corridors mentioned:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k6206166…

Bottom line is that TA goes with the majority, and as much as EV owners like to think that 'electric transport toys' are taking over the world . . . the truth is that they are a very very small minority of travelers. Really, really small percentage. Infinitesimally small.

LOL Jenazz, love it :-)

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EV charging stations

Don't get me wrong, hB, I love the idea of electric cars (and other alternative fuel vehicles). But yeah, at this point in time it's just not statistically significant enough. Hopefully that will change.

Also, my envy of Paul A might be showing... :-)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EV charging stations

I've talked to AAA about "Charging station" listings, and while the "RV Parks" books are a great resource for planning ahead, I humbly submit that the TripAdvisor SITE and APP are quite a bit more er, "agile" in their online presence and an obvious place for travelers to look to quickly compare hotels. Charging capability is VERY important to know, even if it's a note about the property having a 20A plug near a parking spot that management is willing to let a patron use.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,177 posts
1,101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EV charging stations

See post #4 then click on that link for more discussion and information. Be sure to read all of it, not just the last couple of posts ;-)

8. Re: EV charging stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2016, 11:46
Get answers to your questions