We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
596 reviews
Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

On a laptop or a desk computer, when you go to the destination forums, there on the top right are the Top Questions.

Many Destination Experts put a lot of work into these, to provide answers not only to common questions but to questions that forum users didn't even know that they didn't know!

Here, for example, are the Top Questions for my destination, beautiful Estepona in Southern Spain, with information, suggested trips, guided walks around the town, and more

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187437-i993-Est…

But, of course, if you are on your smartphone or tablet, you will never get to see them . . .

:-(

So please T.A. can you add them to the mobile TA?

Muchas gracias!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,054 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

I would like this too. It would be nice if the TQs could be 'cocooned' 'lassoed?' somehow so that we could get them pinned (sticky) as a unit to the top of the relevant forum page. They would need to stay to the right of the page as well so we could still edit them though, that's the thing. Change over out of date material, add new topics, replace old threads with the more flexible trav articles.

It would improve accessibility to them for people with phones. Not sure about the app.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
596 reviews
2. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

Yes, Mufti, mine are all articles, not threads. So that they can be amended, as you say, and because threads get added to sometimes with inaccurate information.

And of course, articles can have photos and different formatting, much more attractive.

Just wish they could be seen in mobile. :-(

So Cal
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

Count me in as puzzled on this, too. Given the large number of users who seem to be mobile-only, I don't understand why TA has been so slow to implement full functionality on the mobile site. (I'm mobile-occasionally, and I find it irritating. If my phone were my only access to this site? Forget it, I'd just give up.)

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,261 posts
288 reviews
4. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

While I'd love to see a link to Top Questions in the mobile version, opening in an in-app browser, just like now our Profile does.

Yet, I honestly don't know how to expect that a full list of Top Questions can be displayed in a small mobile screen that people could actually see and read without needing a magnifying glass :-) Yes, cell phone screens are getting bigger but I would bet there are a ton of members not using a phablet.

Silvia

Edited: 03 January 2015, 05:04
So Cal
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

Silvia, I'd expect to see a list to scroll through, just as we see forum threads. I wouldn't expect it to look exactly like the full pc site, but they could make it work.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,054 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

Yep. Make them a "unit" just like a thread is that you would find pinned into the TQs now. Scroll down and click or touch open as usual. Just relocate them so they are in the "centre" of the universe (where all mobile users know they belong!) :-)) Now, I know that threads have their own URLs to copy and link, so I don't know how the TQs could be relocated, but it sure would be nice.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
596 reviews
7. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

I don't much care about the technicalities, just let'em make it happen!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,565 posts
269 reviews
8. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

We in the CO, USA forum are always being challenged by travelers who say "Why didn't you tell us that we would be charged by the rental car company for taking this toll road?" Our response is that it is in the Top Questions - but of course they didn't see that on their mobile devices. With more and more toll road options in CO we would love to be able to direct folks to that. Please, please make this an option.

Edited: 07 November 2015, 02:18
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,344 posts
123 reviews
9. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

I've put a great deal of time and work into the Singapore forums Top Questions section, linking in many Traveller Articles I've written. I always point out to people that I hope they will "read our TQ, near the top right-hand side of our forum page", but "you won't be able to see them if accessing the forum on your phone". I hope they actually do get home and turn on their computer, laptop or IPad/Tablet and see what's there.

It's so frustrating. I've put everything in Top Questions that they need to plan their trip but many can't see it.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,286 posts
101 reviews
10. Re: Please enable Forum Top Questions in mobile version.

I'm lucky because my smart phone allows full site version so I can see the TQs. It's not difficult to enlarge them on the screen so that's fine. it's too bad for others who can't see them because yes, I did put in a lot of work compiling them and updating them and it's tiring constantly referring people to look at something they can't see. Finally I asked TA_Laura to put a sticky on our forum for directions to cell phone users. But then we all know how many people actually read stickies ;)