We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why won't TA have a section on webites for bookings?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Why won't TA have a section on webites for bookings?

Many travellers like to book their own travel and utilise one of the many sites where bookings can be made. This applies particularly to accommodation but also covers fares and tours. The quality of the information provided by these websites varies considerably so it would be useful to have a section covering these websites. It would also assist in ensuring that the information provided by the websites is accurate and up to date.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,000 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why won't TA have a section on webites for bookings?

G'day Gary,

I'm assuming you're wishing for a section on travel agents.

Unfortunately, it's the one travel related business that TA are not interested in reviewing or having a separate forum for. The generally accepted belief is that it's sufficiently covered in the Beyond Destination forums, and it's not needed. It is also viewed that travel agents are not really businesses that needs to be reviewed, as people don't usually have anything significant to say about travel agents unless it's negative - and that is predominantly the case in all the threads around the forums.

In addition a separate forum for travel agents is not a guarantee, that information provided by them are up to date, as TA does not regulate them.

If you're after information on various travel agent business models, there are plenty information available in the Top Questions on both the Bargain Travel and Holiday Travel forums.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,130 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why won't TA have a section on webites for bookings?

Gary ~

Are you talking about a section for such OLTAs as Travelocity, Hotwire and Expedia? A forum to ask questions about them and a place to leave reviews?

My take on this is that TA would probably not be interested in listing what, for the most part, would be the competition. TA want people to use the in-house booking buttons which, I believe, give TA a commission when used.

I'm not sure I have accurately interpreted your suggestion.

3. Re: Why won't TA have a section on webites for bookings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2015, 10:46